Pages

Monday, 16 October 2017

Get Well and a Snippets Christmas

Hi everyone.... remember me?  Thanks for all your kind wishes for Hubby's recovery and I'm happy to say he's out of hospital but things are taking a bit longer than expected. Still at least he's a lot better than he was three weeks ago and I even managed to get a bit of crafty playtime over the weekend and have a couple of cards to show you that I made from bits and pieces in my box that I just juggled around with.


First up is a Bugaboo image coloured with Promarkers, a Uniko sentiment and pearlescent card embossed with a Die'sire embossalicious folder. To finish I added a couple of flowers with card candi centres.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

As You Like It 'ribbon or flowers'  
That was a bit of a tough choice as I use both but I finally settled for flowers and specifically the first type of flowers I bought when I started cardmaking. Flowers are a lovely finishing touch and can cheer up a card so much - and this type are perfect for those that have to be posted in the mail.

Passion for Promarkers 'embossing'


Next up is my snippets card. I played truant from the Playground last time around due to my nursing duties so was determined to skip along this fortnight to say a quick hello to the Playmates and Miss Di. All I had to do for this card was some sticking onto a hammered effect card base as I'd already got all these dies cut from snippets of gold and white card. I was going to add some ribbon to hide the join between the two gold die-cuts but decided it looked okay without so left it with the snowflake border tucked under the sentiment. Then I added a couple of pearls to the snowflakes and the job was done. So I'm skipping off to Pixie's Snippets Playground  with this one.




I should be able to start catching up with you later this week but until then I'd like to say a big thank you to you all for your continued visits and kind words... you really are the greatest blogging friends.

22 comments:

  1. Pleased you found some crafty time Andrea and made two lovely cards, the first so sweet and the second really elegant.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Andrea....both very different but great! So glad hubby is on the mend...hope you are looking after yourself too...most important...and glad you have found some 'me' time. Take care. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards and I'm glad to hear your hubby is getting better.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card Andrea. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. The flower embossing folder is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still catching up from my blog break Andrea and very sorry to hear that your husband has been in hospital. I do hope he will soon be fully recovered.

    These are two gorgeous cards. That little mouse is so cute and I love the colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and thanks for sharing at Passion for promarkers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Andrea, the first one is so pretty - a sweet image and great embossed background. I love your Christmas card, such an elegant design.
    I'm glad hubby is home and on the road to recovery, I hope he continues to progress and is soon back to normal.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea,
    so glad your hubby is a little better now.
    I do hope he continuse to make good progress with his recovery.
    You must be so relieved.
    Love your wonderful cards as usual they are excellently created.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Andrea, lovely designs and pretty embossing.
    I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is on the mend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous card Andrea, brilliant image on the first one and lovely EF.
    Brilliant design and colours on the Christmas card.
    Sorry to hear about your Hubby but glad he is out of hospital now, I have been away for two weeks with no internet so did not know.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea, hope your hubby is feeling better and I'm pleased to hear you're still finding a bit of time for you. Two lovely cards, really like how you used the embossing folder on the first one.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only saw your blog last night so I'm glad you have posted an update on your hubby. Good to know that he is now home and slowly getting better. Both your cards are lovely but I do like the first one as it made me smile. The Doc wanted me to order him some shoes on line and as free postage was on offer plus a free gift I duly obliged. The free gift was two pairs of mens socks or a cute duck umbrella and fold away shopper bag. Guess which one I plumped for!
    No flies on me!! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back, Andrea. I am glad that your husband is out of the hospital now. I will pray for him to recover quickly.
    I love both of your cards! The first one is amazing, with beautiful embossing paper, great sentiment and a cute mouse under the rain. Perfect for the autumn. The second one is a lovely Christmas card in beautiful golden colours and great die cuts. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to hear that Ken is making forward progress, Andrea! You both have my sympathies and prayers for the strength and patience you will need as he continues to recover! And I'm so glad to know you were able to find some distraction by crafting! These are both fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely cards and love how you did the christmas one.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card, Andrea! Love the embossed background, pretty pastel blue tones and fab colouring of that cute image.
    Sorry to hear your hubby has been in hospital, but glad that he is on the road to recovery, if a little slower than you hoped and that you've managed to get a bit of crafty time. Look after yourself too.
    Thanks for playing along with our Embossing challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week. Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful design! Oh heck fancy having to choose between ribbon and flowers! That is a tough one! Love your choice though. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards Andrea, particularly the entry for AYLI. What a lovely design and the flowers are so pretty, I tend to steer clear of bulky ones for posting too. Pleased Hubby is making a good recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh both your cards are lovely, Hope Your hubby is feeling much better soon, Thanks for joining in on Passion for Promarkers this week, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely get well card.I love the colours you have chosen and the image is so cute. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sumptuous card Andrea! Love it and great use of snippets too.

    I had now idea your hubby had been so very poorly - hope he keeps on recovering is is soon fit and well again. What a scare!

    Lovely to see you in the Playground as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous get well card Andrea and so glad to hear your hubby is now on the road to recovery. lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.