Pages

Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Spell Book

I'm back again... two posts in two days and I bet you're as surprised as I am!

Truth be told I woke up just after 6am and could not get back to sleep so I lay in bed trying to think up ideas for cards and the challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations with the theme 'world of witches and wizards' came to mind. I knew I had this image on my House Mouse CD and also some papers from Bearly Mine Designs (sadly no longer trading) that would be perfect and decided to make a spell book. I printed an extra image so that I could layer it up and I cut the letters with a Memory Box die but just before sticking them I decided to substitute the 'o's with some googly eyes and I think it looks much more fun.


and here's a close up to show the decoupage


and this is the inspiration photo


I actually enjoyed making this and you never know I just might (or might not!) get around to covering the rest of the notebooks I bought for pennies in the sale a couple of years ago

..... Oh and before I go I just want to mention that the lovely Darnell has announced her next NBUS challenge will run from September 24th to October 4th so get ready to break out your NBUS and just in case you didn't know that is 'never-before-used-schtuff'




11 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! ...wonder what you might write in there! Love the googly eyes too...genius! I reckon mojo has returned in full swing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card and a great idea with the google eyes, super image too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever and fun, Andrea! Using the googly eyes was a genius idea! Thank you so much for the shoutout, my friend!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Andrea and,as Darnell says, such an imaginative way to use googly eyes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful book, Andrea. I love it! It is so funny! Love the great image and the googly eyes!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Andrea, a super image and perfect papers - I love the googly eyes, a great idea.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The googly eyes were such a good touch! Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super fabulous project! Love those mice and well...those googly eyes are just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just too stinking cute! How creative to layer the image for dimension! That background paper is AWESOME, I'm sad they are no longer trading either. Thanks for sharing your be"witch'ing spell book with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea,
    oh my word this so lovely and wonderfully created.
    I love that wonderful image and your super design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute and the image is gorgeously cute. Yes, a shame they closed down, I was lucky to be on the DT at the time so were were given so many papers to use, and they always print up beautifully.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.