Pages

Sunday, 6 August 2017

Ribbon Snippets and a New Little Crafter

Hi everyone I'm popping by today with a snippets make so that I can go and play with the Playmates over at Pixie's Snippets Playground - and maybe I'll sneak a peak of Parsnip tanning himself in preparation for his Playmate of the Week appearance!

Don't you love it when a plan comes together without even having made one in the first place.... well that's what happened to me today when I spied my bag of ribbon bits (you know those pieces that are only a few inches long but you don't want to bin them) and picked out a few that worked together. Then I found a leftover piece of embossed card (from an A4 sheet) which was the wrong size for an A6 card but  it was the perfect size for my very last Avery Elle card blank (4.25 x 5.5 inch). I stuck the ribbon ends under the embossed card before sticking it to the card blank and then added a double layered Concord + 9th butterly die cut from snippets of card with some pink gems to finish.


It was so hard to get a good photo and it really does look much better in real life and the silky ribbons give it a little shimmer.

Oh and just before I go I have a couple of photos to show you of my little Miss Cutie Pie (granddaughter) painting a canvas. I can't believe she's 18 months old now and has grown so much since I saw her last year. If anyone has noticed in the photos, she actually does use her left hand as much as the right one to do things.



Thanks for your visit and I hope you have a great week whatever your plans.


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and I love the die cut butterfly, it's really pretty. Time flies by so quickly. My eldest Grandchild was three last month and it only seems like yeasterday that she was a babe in arms. We craft together too and spent much of last Friday making Elephants out of plastic milk bottles. It's amazing what you can find to do with them on Pinterest. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea.....oh she steals the show today!...isn't she lovely and concentrating so hard on that canvas. Going to take after grandma no doubt. Is mum crafty too? your card is lovely and yes I love it when things come together ..but at present they never seem to...must have waylaid mojo on and aeroplane!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter is so pretty, Andrea! I love your beautiful card, too. Lovely details, interesting butterfly, roses and dots!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just right for the snippets challenge with the ribbons and oddments of card - great butterfly die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ribbon snippets idea and the resulting card. I have loads of tiny pieces I can never bear to part with. Gorgeous photos of your granddaughter too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the texture on this card and the pretty colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little granddaughter is so sweet and she looks to be enjoying herself so much. Just enchanting the look of concentration on her little face. That's going to be a canvas to treasure.

    A very pretty card Andrea. I love that little butterfly and I've got so many of those little pieces of ribbon too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Andrea, a fabulous way to use up your ribbon leftovers.
    Super photographs, it looks like we have another crafter in the making.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card and a great use of the ribbon snippets, pretty colours.
    Lovely photo's such a cutie. Austin my youngest Grandson is left handed but eats with k & f right handed.
    Have a lovely week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspire us to get into our ribbon bits, Andrea! This is such a pretty snippets card!! But I have to tell you, sorry, that it isn't half as pretty as Cutie Pie! Thank you for sharing! She is an absolute doll and how fun that she has inherited her grandma's artistic talent ~ and with either hand, no less!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Andrea - I too have a load of ribbon snippets here - just in case :) And your grand daughter is such a darling - so sweet! Starting off young as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and oh so gorgeous Miss Cutie Pie.xx[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Andrea,
    what a very wonderful snippets make, and your design is brilliant and gorgeous.
    Oh isn't she a little sweetie, and walking in Grandmas footsteps already.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The butterfly looks so pretty with your ribbon bits, and your budding young artist is adorable too! Good job teaching her how to paint so young :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are going to have crafty competition soon Andrea!! She is adorable!! What a great way to use up ribbon...I have tons of the stuff...and your pretty butterfly and embossed panel bring it all together perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling little girl & clearly has the right interests! Love your beautiful, feminine card--that butterfly die is one of my all-time favorites, although I don't own it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card, isn't it satisfying using up bits!
    Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable Andrea

    Have a great weekend

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful snippets card, great way to use up those little pieces of leftover ribbon we hate to throw away.

    Lovely photos of your adorable granddaughter. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.