Pages

Wednesday, 2 August 2017

More Flowers

I had a good day yesterday because Mojo paid a rare visit and motivated me to make a couple of cards.

The first was a 5 inch square card and a play with Uniko stamps - leaves are 'Nature's Treasures II' - flowers are 'Flower Power #2' stamped onto snippets of card, highlighted with a white Sakura pen, then cut out and shaped before adding a pearl to each - sentiment is from 'Flower Power #1'

I made this for the following challenges

Uniko challenge 'flowers'


Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (flowers, coloured card for matting)







While Mojo was still hanging around to play I got out the box of decoupaged images that I'd printed off and made up a while ago (when I was in the cutting out mood) and picked out this sweet image from the Joanna Sheen 'House Mouse triple cd'. A hunt through my stash found a paper from Raspberry Road Designs which was a magazine freebie eons ago, then a couple of flowers which must be about 5 years old and finally some ribbon. The flowers were meant to be at the top corner and a bow at the bottom, but due to me being a bit eager to get things stuck down while Mojo was still around I had to alter things to allow for the lack of space I'd left at the top....... but actually it probably looks better as it turned out.

I made this for the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'photo inspiration'



CD Sunday challenge 'anything goes'




I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself as I actually enjoyed making both of these cards and they both came together pretty quickly too. Just hope this motivation continues and Mojo comes to play again. Thanks for popping by and I hope you're all having lots of crafty fun.

23 comments:

  1. Oh I know what you mean about missing mojo Andrea! I think yours is certainly back to play though and I love both cards (how cute are those meece sheltering in the post box?!). Great snippets card too - and of course Uniko stamps are always so lovely to work with. Love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous cards Andrea! and I understand when your mojo goes away on holiday:)) lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Andrea...two great designs. Glad your mojo is back...hope mine copies yours...soon!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards, those mice are the cutest! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super cards Andrea and those flowers are so pretty. Glad you've got your mojo back. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beauties Andrea, love your entry for CD Sunday, can't beat these House Mouse images. Meg xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea,
    what wonderful cards and your snippets creation is gorgeous, and beautifully designed.
    Love the flowers.
    Your second one is gorgeous also, and I love the wonderful poppies image, and your design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and green always look so good, such pretty flowers. I feel for your little mice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Andrea, I love the pretty CAS flowers and of course your House-Mouse image is adorable - lovely bright colours as well.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic Andrea. The pink flowers are stunning together with the beautifully stamped leaves and as for the mice...adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely creations Andrea, so glad your Mojo is back.
    Great CAS effect and love flowers on the first card.
    The second card has a really lovely cute image with the mice and poppies, great papers and added flowers.
    Thank you for joining our 'Poppy and Colour Inspiration' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mojo's been coming in fits and starts recently too - I blame the weather! I love both these cards and agree that the flowers look perfect at the bottom of the second, I think they would make it too top heavy if they'd been higher up. Thank you for playing along at CD Sundays
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Andrea, love the flowers. You should enter your HM one into our challenge. It's anything goes/Christmas in July.xxHave you joined my candy...xx
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't stop laughing at the House Mouse image! I'm sat looking out of the lounge window at the rain pouring down and the trees bouncing around in the strong winds. The mice have done the right thing by taking shelter in the post box! Thanks for continuing to support the CD Sunday challenge, especially as Mr Mojo isn't around very much.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really beautiful Poppy creation following our inspirational photo at Allsorts challenge Andrea, many thanks for joining in. You other card is very elegant as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Andrea. You have created such an appropriate card for us in this period of heavy rain. The poor meeces look so fed up in their shelter.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great image....sooo cute!! I love the addition of the red flowers too. It co ordinates beautifully. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. House Mouse are definitely some of my favourite images and I love the way you have used this one - very cute. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two super cards. Both so different. Love the glowers on the first and the image on the second is such a cute one with those meeces sheltering from the rain. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love house mouse and this delightful image is just fitting for the weather we have bern having.
    Love them hiding in the postbox.
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all so lovely and I'm glad your mojo came and paid you a visit - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! I love how you have combined Natures Treasures II and Flower Power #2, simply CAS perfection and SO beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.