Pages

Sunday, 2 April 2017

NBUS Trio with a Boo Boo

I've been using my NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) crafty goodies for my trio of cards today so that I can go over and join in Darnell's fabulous NBUS and Boo Boo challenge. I must admit to making several online shopping trips in anticipation of the event !

I was very lucky to win a voucher from Uniko in their birthday challenge and was able to add some fabulous stamps to my stash and also in the last NBUS challenge I won a Mini Misti - so again a big thank you to Bev and Darnell as you both made this first card possible. I used my NBUS Uniko 'Paradise Hummingbird' stamp set along with the Mini Misti and Memento inks to stamp the image and used chalks for the background. I would never have been able to stamp all the different colours with an acetate block and I'm loving being able to try new stamping techniques. I was so pleased with the way this turned out but I just could not get a photo that shows how lovely the colours really look




I'm also entering this in

Uniko challenge 'spring with an optiona twist of easter'



Stamping Sensations challenge 'anything goes'



My next card is a snippets make so I shall head over and see what the Playmates are up to in Pixie's Snippets Playground. I used my NBUS Woodware 'snow' stamp for this along with some LOTV paper snippets, the last snippet of silver ribbon and silver mirri-card for matting and punched snowflakes. I managed to pick this stamp up half price on sale so pretty pleased about that.



And I made my final card today for the Time Out challenge where the theme is 'inspired by words'

When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for stars

I was inspired by the rainbow part of this and using one of the stamps from the Uniko 'Background builders, round in circles' set I stamped rows of dots in rainbow colours. Then I went on to make a Boo Boo......  I used white embossing powder to stamp a sentiment from Penny Black 'Happy thoughts' stamp set (another NBUS) and of course it got completely 'lost' in the background. Determined not to be beaten I stamped the sentiment again on to a Marianne Design die-cut tag to hide the mess up and to finish I added an Impression Obsession cloud die (yet another NBUS)



and here's the boo boo


Thanks for popping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. The sun is shining here and Hubby is getting restless so I think we'll be going out for a little stroll now.

23 comments:

  1. Three fabulous makes Andrea...you put me to shame, I can't seem to make three cards in a month!! Love all your pretty colours and designs...very clever. Hubby is gardening here while the sun shines and I am saying I will go in the craft room..which I may...but no guarantees there will be anything to show for it!..lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these cards Andrea! First of all, isn't the Misti marvellous!? I just bought the Creative Corners to go with mine - not had a play yet but they do look like greaFrank DunneFrank Dunnet fun! Your humming bird image is stunning!

    Then the snippets card, using one of my fave LOTV paper pads (I'm so stingy with it these days!) and you used a stamp I've been wanting for ages - lucky you getting it for half price! A super Christmas card.

    Sniggered at the boo-boo - love the final result mind you!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations and I like the way you fixed the boo boo! I haven't gotten a Misti yet and now you are nudging me closer to one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A triple feature of pretty cards, Andrea!! I especially love the hummer and I'm so pleased you are enjoying your MISTI! Congratulations on fixing that boo-boo in a way that made the card even better!! You're doing a fab job using that NBUS, which means you can get/win more - YAY!! Thank you so much for playing with me and being a good sport to share your boo-boo!! Love ya, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Humming bird is one of my fav stamps and you make it shine! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three really wonderful cards Andrea, and all so perfect, apart from the boo boo, which you rectified perfectly. Love all the items that you were lucky enough to win.
    Have a good week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, you've covered a LOTTA challenges with these 3 pretty cards. Absolutely love your hummer with the fantastic water color look. Had to read to see how you had colored this lovely scene. Enjoyed your snippets make - very cool. And #3 probably capped them all. Love the design, and love, love your recovery effort. The tag is lovely with the lacy trim on the rainbow sentiment!!! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all so gorgeous. I enjoyed viewing each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My you have been busy Andrea, love the sheet elegance of the Hummingbird, the Christmas one looks lovely in the soft blues and then wonderful vibrancy and design of the third. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three wonderful cards - and you've made an excellent job of covering up the booboo, that card looks as if it was planned that way all along
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three super cards Andrea. Clever work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anfrea,
    3 of the most super creations you have created here.
    Love the first with the gorgeous humming bird the most.
    The colours are so super.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous bunch of creativity here today. Love all of your cards, and especially your wonderful rainbow card that you entered at Time Out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, all so elegant and lovely colours and designs. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards Andrea, I especially like the first one - beautiful colours.
    Sorry I haven't been around for a few days - hubby took me away for a surprise break, an early birthday present.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creations as usual! I love that your going from Spring to Winter and then rainbows.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards! I love the rainbow card using a subtle background to focus on the sentiment, Thanks for sharing over at Time Out too! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three lovely cards Kanda, I love the hummingbird, I gave that stamp unused I'm sorry to Say! I must admit I hadn't thought of stamping it in my Misti, thanks for the inspiration and thank you for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty use of those Uniko stamps and love all those cheery colours you've used and great placement of the images. Great to see you play along with us at Uniko this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three really pretty cards Andrea. Well done on your wins and you've certainly put your Mists to good use. The humming bird looks gorgeous. My favourite is your boo-boo card. Whoever would have known. The colours are so fresh and pretty and I love the sentiment and the way you've stamped it too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you created the rainbow using tiny dots - it created such a great background! Thanks also for sharing the whole process - including the correction- so nice knowing that I am not the only one out there that has to make "creative change" to a design 😉 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a delightful trio, LOVE the Spring colours and design of your hummingbird card and lovely to see you enjoying your Uniko stamps. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge again. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful projects, I love the humming bird, the colors are lovely. The dotted card is so creative. Thanks for joining us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.