Pages

Monday, 27 March 2017

Winter followed by Spring

Well I know the clocks went forward in the UK but it feels like mine went on a whole week instead of an hour..... that last week really zipped by in a flash and I'm still trying to catch up with it! But I'm finally here and have a couple of makes to show you today.


The first is winter and I've used all Tim Holtz goodies for this one. I recycled the back of a very thick shop bought card to make a tag and gesso'd through a TH mini stencil 'holiday script'. When that was dry I heat embossed the TH 'holiday joy' snowflakes stamps around the edge (taking Darnell's advice to wipe first with an antistatic cloth) and then used 3 different blue Memento inks to add colour. Using the same TH 'holiday joy' set (which I won some time ago in the Playground) I stamped the trees, stag and snowflakes and cut with the matching dies. I added a good helping of Stickles to the snowflakes and then finished it all off with a piece of lace tied with some baker's twine. Not my normal style but I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out.



and here are a couple more that have caught the light and show up the layers and sparkle a little better 



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Country View challenge 'inspired by Tim Holtz'

Rudolph Days March challenge 'anything goes christmas'

Stamping Sensations challenge 'close to nature' my 2nd entry - I hope this fits the theme but if not please delete

Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'use more than one die or punch'



..... and following quickly on the heels of winter is spring (thanks goodness). Up until 1752 the first day of the new year here in England was 25th March (Lady Day) and to me it does feel more like a new year with the winter coming to an end and all the wonderful new growth and colours of the spring bulbs. I especially love the lilac and yellow crocuses, so they are the colours I picked to use with the wonderful Uniko 'beautiful blooms III' stamp. A very CAS card with a couple of lines embossed and a leftover sentiment from a decoupage sheet - this is definitely more my style. I was very lucky and won a voucher in Uniko's Birthday challenge so I have lots more fabulous stamps that I'll be able to show you next week when Darnell hosts her super NBUS challenge




I made this for the Uniko challenge 'spring with an optional theme of easter'




So that's it from me for now -  I'm off to take all the batteries out of the clocks as I reckon that's the only way I'll manage to have 24 hours in a day! Thanks for taking the time to call by today and I hope you all have a great week.


24 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag and card Andrea. Love all the sparkle and the elegance of those Tim dies on the tag...and I am rather partial to purple and yellow for spring so I love your card! Hope stopping time has worked for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    what wonderful tags and your design is very fab.
    Love the wonderful scene on them too.
    Your inking is excellent.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    thought I would comment on you lovely card while I am here.
    What a wonderful card and so very lovely design.
    This is a wonderful spring looking card, and your flowers are very pretty.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card ! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous Christmas tag Andrea, love all the dies and the lovely scene you've created.
    Your spring card is so fresh and pretty
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous tag Andrea, such a super background and brilliant CAS card.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful winter tag, followed by a wonderful Spring card. Brilliant colours on both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous tag Andrea, a lovely wintery feel to it (despite the sunshine outside today) and a beautiful Easter card too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag Andrea and lovely to see you using your Playground prize. Love the Spring card as well - very elegant!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made a trio of lovely tags. The TH stamps look great and I bet the sparkle is beautiful IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. me again...forgot to say
    Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely display today Andrea, love seeing your makes.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a super Winter tag Andrea but your very styligh CAS card is equally lovely, it's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Easter card, love the purple and yellow colour combo. Thanks for linking up at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful winter tag, love the background you have created and the icy colour scheme

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous winter tag, Andrea, with its lovely cool colours, and a beautifully elegant CAS Easter card too! Thanks for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely beautiful, love all the textures and so very pretty.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fantastic cards Andrea, love the tag, a gorgeous background and great images, hope you get some lovely wrapping paper to compliment it.
    A fabulous CAS/LIM card, love the design and the two fabulous flowers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous Tim Holtz inspired Christmas tag...it's a great set of stamps isn't it. Thanks so much for joining in with the fun over at Country View x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Christmas tag is stunning, Andrea! I love how you upcycled the card! And your sweet CASlicious spring card will warm any heart! I agree, this is the time of the year when we should celebrate Happy New Year!! So Happy New Year to you! May it bring you good health and happiness!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. CAS & springlike - love the crocus colours. Interesting history lesson too! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two pretty makes, I'm often wishing the warmer weather to arrive, yet I love the comfort the winter brings! Your tag really shows the comfort of Winter and I love your CAS Easter card using your Uniko stamps and such pretty Spring colours too. Lovely to see you in the Uniko Challenge Gallery. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.