Pages

Friday, 10 March 2017

A trio of Cards

Well I have no idea where that last week disappeared to but I have managed some crafty time and also do a bit of housework into the bargain.... and I have three cards to show you today so make yourself a cuppa and get comfy.

So here's the first ot them using a fabulous stamp called 'va voom' from Penny Black which I coloured with Promarkers. I also used chalks to add a light shading of blue and green around the image for the sky and grass but it doesn't really show up in the photo. The design is so quick and CAS with just a couple of corners punched and a ribbon tied round before sticking to the base card. I haven't added a sentiment yet as I'm not sure if it will be a birthday card or just happy mail.



I shall enter this card in the following challenges

Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes'

Rubber Dance Stamps Colour challenge 'magenta, yellow, turquoise'



As You Like It challenge 'favourite stamp brand and why'

That definitely has to be Penny Black - they have such a wide variety of images suitable for every occasion and are a dream to ink up - and I have more of that brand than any other as I just can't resist their new releases.

Penny Black Saturday challenge 'bright and cheerful colours'


On to my second card... Now as I played truant from the Playground last fortnight I knew I had to have a play with some snippets before Parsnip sent me off to stand in a corner, so I used 3 strips of leftover LOTV papers to cover a 5 x 7 inch base card. I used my usual Promarkers and chalks to colour a Bugaboo 'scene it easter' digistamp before cutting it with a Tim Holtz 'stitched rectangle' die. I also used a snippet of pink card cut with another of the rectangle dies to mount the image before adding the butterfly, flower and ribbon.


This card is heading over to the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground 'use snippets'

Double D challenge 'think spring'



Noor Design UK challenge 'spring'


And finally card number three..... which I must admit took me an absolute age to make and I almost gave up on (several times).  I have some 12 x 12 papers and a bag of flowers which I was tempted to bin but then I decided 'nothing ventured' as they say. I folded an A4 card for the base and used one of the sheets to cover it, then used a piece of the same sheet to cover a strip of white card before adding a length of ribbon and sticking to the base card. The dies are Memory Box 'chloe stem' and 'catalina wreath' (cut several times and glued together for extra strength) and the small daisies are a Dovecraft punch with some gems in the centres. I added two of the largest flowers, ribbon, butterfly, pearls, a sentiment left over from a decoupage sheet and a Clearly Besotted sentiment stamped onto a die cut circle. I really have difficulty with mulberry flowers and this style of card - and I've now got to make a box for this to fit in!




I'm entering this card in the following challenges

Memory Box challenge 'ribbons'

Scrapy Land challenge 'anything goes with a brand of die that Scrapy Land sells'

Cute Card Thursday challenge 'for mothers / ladies only'

Happy Little Stampers challenge 'anything goes with dies'


Phew after all that I need a cuppa myself. Hope you all have a fun crafty filled weekend - I shall be spending mine wondering how to use up the rest of those flowers!


16 comments:

  1. A fabulous collection of cards Andrea, they are all beautiful but I especially like the first one - a super CAS design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards Andrea,.
    Great PB fun image and love the colours.
    Super Easter card, super image and love the pastel shades.
    Very pretty third card and love the way you have decorated the wreath.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one card for Mother. Love the colors, wreath, flowers and butterfly. Thank you for playing along with HLS Anything Goes with Dies this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Spring pastels! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your creations are stunning! I especially love the bottom "mother" card with all of your elegant details!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are beautiful cards and full of Spring prettiness!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D@!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It with card no. 1. A great image and lovely CAS design x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you needed a cuppa and a lie down after writing this post, Andrea! I know how much work goes into sharing three cards and linking up lots of challenges, but goodness me, thank you for doing it! This post is SO inspirational with your three amazing card designs! I love the fun and frolicking look of the first one, the very pretty Easter bunny and eggs snippets on the second one, and WOW, the classic feminine floral design of the third one!! You have a lot of talent and a lot of range!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous selection of cards Andrea. Love the PB cas design.
    Thanks for joining this months PBSC too
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowser, first of all - I just love your snippets Easter card Andrea. So pretty and wonderful colouring too. The first card is such fun - bit like me taking Parsnip out for a spin :) And your Mother's Day card is beautiful!!

    If you're struggling to make an A5 sized box then do let me know. I have loads of white flat packed ones here ready to make up and can easily send you a base and a lid in a card backed A4 envelope for you to assemble, it's just a matter of popping the two pieces into and envelope so isn't any trouble!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Trio..!! All so different but just as delightful. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful wonderful wonderful . . .that's what I say for all three of your lovely cards.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three gorgeous cards Andrea, I love them all especially the one at the top - such a great fun image.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards!!!! Super good work! Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fun and beautifully clean va va voom card. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous collection of cards, each one so very different in style, but equally gorgeous!! Anyway, I am actually here to comment on the lovely card using one of your PB stamps. Love how she is centre stage on this card. Thank you for bringing her along to AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.