Pages

Monday, 20 February 2017

Magic Misti

I spent ages yesterday trying to make a card using one of my new stamp sets from Uniko called 'balloon bash' and I wanted to stamp the balloons in a light pink. Well of course it was going to be one of those days..... either I could just not get the right pressure and the image was too faint or I ended up smudging it, so after several attempts (which all went in the bin) I finally gave up.

Then today the postie delivered a Mini Misti which I'd won in the wonderful Darnell's NBUS challenge and I decided to have another go....... well, it was like magic. I couldn't believe just how easy peasy it was and in the matter of a few minutes I'd got the image stamped and after the addition of a Tattered Lace sentiment die, a piece of ribbon and a couple of gems I had a card. No more cursing, just oohs and aahs and a smile on my face. I can see this Misti will be getting a LOT of use, so THANK YOU again Darnell.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Uniko challenge 'happy 5th birthday Uniko'

Tuesday Throwdown challenge 'say it with words'

In The Pink challenge 'dies and/or punches'

Allsorts challenge 'anything goes'


Thanks for popping by today and I hope you have a good week.

10 comments:

  1. A very pretty girlie Birthday card Andrea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Andrea, a fabulous CAS design.
    I have a Misti and absolutely love it.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, how cool that you got to see right from the first moment what a difference a MISTI can make! I found out I couldn't use one because the magnets are so strong they could interfere with my ICD and I was so bummed. Then this past October when I was at a week-long retreat with my friends, one of them insisted that I try it again without the magnets and it worked!! That's why I had to make it part of my prizes. It really does revolutionize the way we stamp and it puts less paper in the bin!! You're very welcome, Andrea! I'm so happy you will enjoy it and I love the sweet birthday card you made!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another really lovely CAS card, love the balloons and the gorgeous shades of pink.
    I have had a day like that too, but I am awaiting delivery of my Hampton Art Stamp Perfect Tool, half the price of the Misti and I have it on good authority (Sarn) that it is great.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation and great colour combo. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'ANYTHING GOES' challenge, good luck in the draw. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super creation for our theme this week Andrea, the balloons give such a happy feel, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card and I'm glad you like the Misti - it's still on my wish lists!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with balloons for birthday cards! Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The balloons look so soft and pretty. Lovely to see you enjoying your Uniko stamps too. Thank you so much for joining in on Uniko's 5th Birthday celebrations. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.