Pages

Thursday, 2 February 2017

1st Birthday

It's my granddaughter's 1st birthday this month and I finally got her card made and in the post. It took me so long to get started on it as I just could not decide what image to use, but in the end I settled on an adorable Mo Manning fairy which I coloured with Promarkers and of course a generous helping of Stickles for her fairy wings. I wanted to make something a bit different so I went with a stepper card and as this is only the second time I've done one of these I did let out a sigh of relief when I'd finished!

The background paper is from Hobby House and the ribbon and dragonfly charm are from my stash. I used nesting dies from Xcut and Quickutz, the 'happy birthday' is Tattered Lace and the letters are Memory Box. I cut the sentiment and letters four times - colouring one of each to match the buttercup - before layering them up, and I hand cut the number 1 (must add number dies to my wish list).







I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'let's celebrate'  they are celebrating their 400th challenge!

Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'angels/fairies or winter'

DP2 challenge 'anything goes with a Mo image'


Thanks for popping by today and for taking the time to leave a comment........ oh, and do any of you have any idea where January disappeared to? It was there one minute then gone the next !

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Andrea, I am sure it will be treasured. As for time....well where did that last year go? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy First Birthday to your little granddaughter. It doesn't seem possible it's a year since we heard about her being born.

    This really is a beautiful card Andrea. The image and the paper and colours are all so pretty and I love the shape of the matts you used for the image. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Andrea, a sweet image and lovely design - your granddaughter will love it, I can't believe she is one already!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and such a sweet image.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and a great shape for the stepper, lovely image and papers.
    Thank you for joining our 'Lets Celebrate' challenge this week at Allsorts.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Andrea, lovely stamp and pretty papers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh...soooo cute :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah so sweet and adorable, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty Kanda and I love that card fold too.
    Thank you so much for popping in to join us at DP2 with your make
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cure card! Thank you so much for playing with us at DP2 :)
    Olesya, DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.