Pages

Sunday, 4 December 2016

My Beary First Christmas

Hi everyone, sorry I've not been to visit for the last few days but I've been a tad on the busy side with physio appointments and christmas shopping for my little miss Cutie Pie as well as finishing cards to go in the post. I'm glad to say that the parcel is now winging it's way to Australia.... via Santa of course!

The problem with being a granny for the first time was that I had such a problem deciding on the design for her first christmas card and there are soooo many cute images to pick from, but when I saw this one from Mo manning called 'beary merry christmas' I fell in love with it. I ended up buying this as a digistamp but Penny Black do have it in cling rubber - I just couldn't find anywhere that had it in stock. I coloured it with my usual Promarkers and added Stickles to the fur on the hat. I matted the image onto silver mirri card and then added a Memory Box die-cut frostyville border across the top before wrapping a piece of ribbon around to hang the baubles from. The sentiments were made on the computer and cut with Spellbinders ornament dies and attached on sticky pads with bakers twine to tie them up and finally I added some shabby rose organza trim across the bottom.

So this is the finished card.... and I went on to make a christmas bauble with the same image but I'll show you that another time. Sorry about the photos but the light wasn't very good and I needed to get it posted.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' the dies all cut from snippets
Country View Crafts challenge 'christmas'
Memory Box challenge 'marvellous metallics'
Mod Squad challenge 'holiday dimension'
DP2 Mo Manning challenge 'anything Mo goes'
Noor Design UK challenge 'sparkle'
Crafty Ribbons challenge 'christmas'
Fab 'n' Funky challenge 'christmas'
Addicted To Stamps and More challenge 'make your mark'
Time Out challenge 'christmas with optional twist of glitter / shimmer' 3rd entry

Thanks for taking time to visit me today and I hope you are all having a healthy and stress-free run up to christmas



23 comments:

  1. Aaaah absolutely adorable and so perfect for a babies 1st Christmas, so loving your layout, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea.
    your card is so very pretty and perfect for a first Christmas.
    I too love that image and you have coloured it perfectly too.
    really like your wonderful design too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHHH precious. I love that image and can see why you picked it for her first Christmas card. I can picture her pulling this out as an adult and admiring it then as much as her parent will this year. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such gorgeous Christmas details, I especially love the roses at the bottom-looks like fluffs of snow. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Wonderful card.
    The map also fits the first challenge at the Sweet Stampers.
    I hope to see you :-)
    http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Andrea, such a cute image - a perfect first Christmas card for your granddaughter.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, a very special card, for a very special little Lady, nice to bring it out on her 21st.
    Really cute image and a fabulous design, can tell this one is made with real Love.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, what a sweet first Christmas card for your granddaughter! I love your design and I love, love that cute little image and ornaments. Well done! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous for your grand daughter, I only made one today for our baby who is having her first Christmas too...here in Australia...she is only a few weeks old...hugs.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Andrea, this is absolutely adorable! Perfect for a 1st Christmas I love the image. And adding the sentiments to baubles is a lovely idea!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your choice is perfect, Andrea, and your framing and execution are flawless! This will be the first of many treasured cards made by Grandma!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh this is just adorable, I love how you used the baubles for the sentiments and also the frostyville border looks fab in silver.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card for Asher Andrea. One I am sure she will treasure! Love the sentiments on the baubles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a special First Christmas card Grandma! A perfect image paired with your ornament sentiment is adorable! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Priceless! A beautiful keepsake for Asher. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable, Andrea ... such a sweet image, so deliciously sparkly! I'm sure your little granddaughter will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your sentiment baubles. Lovely card. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a wonderful festive make - I adore this! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. so sweet Andrea, beautifully coloured. Thank you for entering Mo's DP2 Challenge and good luck in the draw - Hellen DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.