Pages

Saturday, 17 December 2016

Christmas Bauble and an apology

Hi everyone, hope all is well with you. Let me start off with an apology.... things have got a bit mad here and I've not been able to get to visit you as I should this past week. It's been the usual (food) shopping madness along with physiotherapy appointment, then my dad was admitted to hospital again on Wednesday and my dear Hubby had a spinal operation yesterday. So you can probably guess that my mind hasn't really been on crafting or blogging.

Anyways before I go I'll show you the christmas bauble that I made for my darling little miss Cutie Pie (my granddaughter). This is the same Mo Manning digi that I used for her card and again coloured with Promarkers and sparkled with Stickles. I made the sentiment on the computer and used Xcut nesting dies to cut that and the image as well as the red mirricard for matting. I added some sleigh bells and charms to each side and then glued it all together with Glossy Accents - I guessed that would be strongest and safest as I didn't want the risk of it coming apart if she played with it. Finally I tied a piece of velvet ribbon to hang it up.








I shall enter this in the following challenges

Passion for Promarkers 'mega christmas challenge '
Winter Wonderland 'for someone special / happy new year'
Country View Crafts 'christmas'
Crafty Ribbons 'christmas theme creations'
Deep Ocean 'silent night'

Thanks for popping by and for your greatly appreciated comments and I will catch up with all as soon as I can.



14 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea, what a darling Christmas bauble for your little Miss Cutie Pie! So, so sweet.

    It's such a manic time of the year that you must put yourself and family first - blogland will still be waiting! I've had to cut back a fair bit as well - just about managing to keep the Playground going :) I hope your hubby recovers quickly from his op. and that your dear Dad is also doing well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely keepsake for Asher . I expect it will be treasured greatly. Sorry to hear you are having a harrowing time and hope that hubby and Dad are soon fit and well again, and you a good to have a good Christmas. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how you have made this (looks a bit like a ship in a bottle procees)
    but it is gorgeous and will be a lovely keepsake. Hope Hubby is doing ok after his op and your Dad. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No apology necessary, Andrea! Goodness knows you have a LOT on your plate right now! Your keepsake first Christmas ornament for Asher is just divine!! Sending my best get well wishes to your Dad and your beloved!! Happy Holiday hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a totally fabulous creation and no doubt come out year after year with pride of place on the tree.
    Hope Dad and Hubby are well very soon.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always a superb creation Andrea, your granddaughter is sure to love it.

    So sorry to hear about your Dad and on top of hubbys op you really do have your work cut out, do take things in your stride otherwise you will be the next casualty and that's the last thing we want.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally adorable. I do hope that everyone is now on the mend. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful keepsake. I love it. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that bauble is one she will treasure her whole life. I hope you family has a big tote to keep all of these gorgeous items and cards you are making for your granddaughter. She is one lucky little girl to have you as her grandmother. Don't ever feel you have to apologize for not blogging or visiting. Family always comes first, at least in my book. My best wishing to your Dad and Hubby. I'm thinking of you and them. Try to find a minute to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful bauble Andrea, such a wonderful gift for your granddaughter.
    I hope your Dad and Husband are OK.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaah such an adorable bauble and so perfect for a first Xmas too.

    Oooo what a week, sending hugs, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure this will be treasured for a very long time, Andrea.
    It's beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea!

    Sorry to hear of your family in hospital. Hope all gets sorted quickly with your dad and your dh continues to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous - thank you for playing at Passion for promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.