Pages

Sunday, 6 November 2016

Fluttering By

Good evening everyone and I hope you've all had a great weekend. I really should have spent my day doing some housework but instead I've been very lazy apart from having a little crafty play.

I missed out on joining in the fun with the Playmates last week so I was determined to get there early this week and I also wanted to have a play with a new die that I'd bought. I've had several butterfly dies but when I saw this Penny Black (set of 2 dies) in the sale and with free shipping I just had to buy it.

This card was one of those that just came about with no real planning apart from a few elements needed for challenge themes. The silver mirricard was a snippet and the embossed card I'd got leftover from another project was trimmed to fit, Then began my search for a butterfly sentiment and the only stamp I could find was a Clearly Besotted 'flutterby' which I stamped 3 times. I stuck the panel to a card base and then added the Penny Black butterfly die with a couple of silver gems added and made a bow with some silvery ribbon I found in my stash.

Of course it was a nightmare to photograph with the silver and white and this is the best I got



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixies' Snippets Playground 'use snippets'
Butterfly 'butterflies + Q is for quotes and/or quicksilver'
Cuttlebug Mania 'tic tac toe' (ribbon / die cuts / rhinestones using grand calibur and baby blue machines)
Crafty Ribbons 'anything goes with ribbon or lace'
The Ribbon Girl 'anything goes card'
Deep Ocean 'use die cuts or punches'

I also linked up to Just Keep On Creating where the theme is 'anything goes'

19 comments:

  1. I love mainly white cards and this with the addition of the silver is fabulous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Andrea, such an elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I like the embossing and the butterfly
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea,
    what a very beautiful card.
    I love that butterfly and your stamped sentiment, and what gorgeous embossing too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Andrea, it's so striking with the white against the hints of silver. And why do housework when you can craft !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Andrea, I love the silver and white together. I'm with Brenda, why housework when you can craft.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Andrea - I'm so with the white and silver too - lovely together. A great snippets card and Mrs A will love it for sure!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for coming to join in with Cuttlebug Mania too!

      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
  8. Mrs A. does indeed love this card . Love that new butterfly and how you have draped the ribbon bow. A superbly classy card and I like how you have stamped the sentiment as a repeat. Great idea. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Andrea...but then I really am partial to white on white! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all need those lazy crafting days for our spirits, don't we, Andrea?! Your card is dazzling on every count and amazing for the challenges! It's a winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love white cards Kanda and yours is very pretty - thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl November Card Challenge, best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is a real beauty Andrea. I love the silver and white and the ribbon looks so pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Many thanks to join us in Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week and good luck from Christelle DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card and beautiful layout. Visiting today with my GDT hat on so thank you for sharing with us at the Butterfly Challenge.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This white and silver card is so pretty, the butterfly really stands out and adds so much dimension to the card.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. We all need lazy days from time to time. :)
    Beautiful white card. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.