Pages

Sunday, 27 November 2016

A Christmas Star

No prizes for guessing what type of card I have to show you today... yes it's christmas. Next week is December so I guess it's time to officially start to panic and 4 weeks today I'll be telling myself that I need to be more organised in future!

When starting this card I really didn't have any design plan in my head due to Mojo still hiding away somewhere (probably off in search of christmas pressies) so it was just a case of trying different things until I came up with the finished card.

I used a new stamp I got from Penny Black called 'little elf kit' which I coloured with Promarkers and added Stickles on the 'fur' parts of the elf's outfit and paper pieced the star with glitter paper. The red spotty paper is a leftover bit from my oddments box so no idea where from but guessing it may have been a magazine freebie ages ago. I used twine to tie some little sleigh bells before adding some stars die-cut from snippets and the sentiment is a Clearly Besotted stamp.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Country View challenge 'stars'
Penny Black and More challenge 'anything christmas'
Stamping Sensations challenge 'christmas greetings'
Uniko challenge 'christmas'
Passion for Promarkers challenge '3 favourite colours' red, green, white
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'use a sentiment'
Allsorts challenge 'anything christmas'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Addicted to Stamps challenge 'die cuts +/or punches'
DP2 challenge 'anything Mo goes'
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'christmas is coming' 2nd entry
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'christmas to die for' 2nd entry
Time Out challenge 'christmas with optional twist of glitter/shimmer' 2nd entry


So that's it from me for today. Thanks for popping by and remember the Rudolph Days November challenge is open until 30th November so we'd love you to head over and link up your christmas creations.

32 comments:

  1. Aww I love this card Andrea! A really cute image and you've coloured it beautifully! Great idea to hang the bells with some twine as well - love it! Thank so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers and we'd love to see your fab creations again soon, Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, I'm just the same as you as I've spent most of today trying to get my Chris mas cards sorted:) This is a gorgeous card. Such a lovely image and I really like the glittered star, it looks great. I love the little baubles too. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this card has it all-a darling image, a sparkly stars and fun little bells! How fun!!! Thanks for stopping in to say Hello today Andrea! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card Andres - love the sweet little elf and the bells are a delightful touch! I'm with Sandra (Sandma) - have spent a good while today sorting out the Christmas card box. Including checking which cards will need large letter postage! Most of those will be hand delivered I suspect :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun image on your pretty Christmas creation Andrea and I rather like the quirky angle as well. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations, Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges.

    And yes, four weeks sounds rather scary, especially as I have just the one present so far.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should teach a class in how to make a card when you have no plan in mind because this one came out lovely. Love those hanging bells. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so gorgeous! Love the cute image and the hanging bells are a fabulous embellishment! Brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card love it hope you're well xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Wonderful card.
    The map also fits the first challenge at the Sweet Stampers.
    I hope to see you :-)
    http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card Andrea, such a fun image and fabulous design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply adorable, Andrea! Love the sparkly stars! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your card. Mojo returned eh! Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun image! Great colouring and that glittering star fits so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this image and I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. a very sweet creation!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I'm here on Catchup Patrol, Andrea. We had a little thing called Thanksgiving that kept me busy, especially with the boys staying over the weekend to help us decorate the tree! Super fun! Speaking of super fun, your last few creations are just that! I love them all, but I have to say that sweet CASlicious puppy dog card stole my heart!! Sending hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo what an absolute sweetie hun (i must dig my stamp out too), and with my DT hat on thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's just a fun & delightful elf card! Love your brilliant coloring, and the green glitz on the star. Also like very much the way you've framed this wonderful PB image with the festive dot paper and the cool jingle bells! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card, I love that it has jingly bells too. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. You really do colour so beautifully Andrea. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a really beautiful Christmas card Andrea. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card, Andrea! Love the glittered star and the tiny bells! Thanks for joining in our challenge at DP2, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card. LOVE the jingle bells. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Christmas to Die For Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely card! So lovely and fresh looking! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful Christmas card. A lovely design and a cute iamge. I like the stars and bells. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just darling, are those real jingle bells! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's adorable! I love the way the elf is peeking out from behind the star! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 309 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is adorable. I love how your elf is hiding and peeking out from behind the star. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loving your festive creation Andrea. The elf is adorable and LOVING the sparkly glittery star. A delight to see you share, inspire and join in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.