Pages

Saturday, 8 October 2016

B's and C's with a Different Edge

I'm here today with a creation to combine four challenges and also to try my hand at something new (for me at any rate). The B's  are for The Craft Barn Two Weekly challenge with the theme of 'books', Creative Inspirations challenge where it's 'buttons, blooms and bows' and over at Mrs A's Butterfly challenge it's another B for the butterfly along with 'C for checkered and/or cyan' (I managed both after a rummage through my old stash). UnstampaBelles challenge is to go 'ouside your comfort zone and twist: a different edge'..... definitely outside my comfort zone and even though I did make a couple of booboo's with the cutting and measuring I'm pleased to say that I managed to fudge it together okay in the end, and hopefully the faux pages should count as a 'different edge'

I'm still on a mission to use up old stash and found some quite heavy checkered card for the book and some old papers for inside. I distressed all the edges with Memento ink and before sticking it all I added some ribbon on the inside so that I could fasten it shut with a bow.  I added strips of Basic Grey ribbon doiley down the side and the spine, a Memory Box 'fresh foliage' die, some flowers with buttons in the centres (these were the only two buttons I could find) and finally a metal butterfly (which was in the fabulous bag of goodies Mrs A sent me) with some little pearls for the body.



That's it from me for today but I'll be back tomorrow with my snippet make for a trip over to Pixie's Playground so I'll see you then. Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

17 comments:

  1. A fabulous book Andrea, lovely colours - a super way to use up your stash.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous make and I do love that leaf die, great colours and design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous i like all the embellishments
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a gorgeous book here. The checkered paper is perfect for the book covering. Love the colours. Thankyoy for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous indeed. A great faux book and yes, the pages do meet the criteria - it is how you interpret the theme and twist, and in this case you have done very well! I like the fact that you used up old stash too - I am always trying todo that but there is so much of it!!!!Perhaps if I stopped buying.....thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea,
    what a very super make, and I really like your design.
    The colours loook really lovely together.
    Beautiful flowers also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful, Andrea.
    No evidence of any fudging anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a realy unusual design Andrea and if it's outside your comfort zone then you did a brill job and nailed the Butterfly requirements as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous book with great detailing Andrea, the checkered card ties it all together in a nice way.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous book - I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to use up old bits 'n' bobs!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for using your odds and ends to make this lovely book and thank you for entering the Craft Barn Book challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so hard to use up old stash that simply doesn't appeal any more isn't it? Sometimes I just turn old paper over and use the white side. lol
    Great book, looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's very satisfying using up things that have languished in drawers for far too long. A super make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely idea. Your book cover looks gorgeous Andrea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great "book". Well done on going out of your comfort zone and using some old stash! Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome project andrea.loved the way you used the items from stash.Thank you for joining us at Unstampabelles. Shylaa DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.