Pages

Sunday, 4 September 2016

NBUS Trees and Birds

Well the weekend is nearly over and just because I want the days to pass quicker time seems to be going so slow. I know it's rather naughty of me to want to speed up time but I'm counting down the hours until my granddaughter arrives in England in a couple of days and I can have my first ever granny cudddle. 

Anyways, I'm here with my third card for Darnell's NBUS challenge and this time I've managed to use up two more unused items. I decided to try to make a simple autumnal scene using Memento inks with a Designs By Ryn stencil 'flowing branches' for the tree (my first NBUS item) on hammered card and then I carried on with the Memento inks and some cheap make-up foam pads to colour in the sky and the ground - I tried to give the impression of all those fabulous colours of fallen leaves but not sure I achieved it. I used a Penny Black bird stamp from the 'spread cheer' set (my second NBUS item) but only inked up half the birds, and for the sentiment I used a Clearly Besotted stamp which I twisted when putting on the acrylic block so that it would follow the line of the branch. I had a rummage through the craft cupboard and found an old patterned A4 sheet of card (not sure where from) which I folded and used as a base card (it just didn't work with a white card blank) and attached the image with some sticky pads.

I must say it does look better IRL than in the photo



I shall also enter this in the following challenges

Designs By Ryn 'September customer creation' challenge

Penny Black and More challenge 'add a sentiment'

Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'let's fly away'

Time Out challenge 'inspired by words'


17 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card with this beautiful scene and that wonderful sentiment. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your time does fly by. There is nothing like the first time you hold your grandchild. Bess you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scene with the tree against your background. I rather like the backing card you have used. Hope you get to have lots of cuddles. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you captured the feel of Autumn beautifully Andrea and so effective how you twisted the sentiment stamp to follow the tree. Many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    Can't begin to imagine how excited you must be, I do hope you will forget about craft and blogland and enjoy every moment of time with your family.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card. I love trees and birds. I just wanted to say that I'm absolutely thrilled to read that you'll soon be having your first Granny cuddle. It's the best thing in the whole world, so I know that you will enjoy every second :) Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Andrea, love the autumnal feel you've achieved.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Andrea, you have captured the Autumn feel perfectly.
    I hope the time flies until your granddaughter arrives.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful creation, love the gold and colours at the bottom of the tree.
    I hope the time goes quickly for you too Andrea, but slows down to snails pace after they have arrived, so your time with them seems longer.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Andrea, I like how you twisted the sentiment to follow the branch of the tree. Nearly 'D' Day.....yaaaah......enjoy!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty scene, Andrea... and the way your text follows the tree trunk.
    Hope your time with your granddaughter is/was everything you wished for. X
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful scene, love all the Autumn colours. Thanks for joining To

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is a beautiful card. I love the shine and that touch of orange for fall. Enjoy that new grandbaby and all those cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great placement of the words along the side of the tree. They look like they were made to fit together. Great placement of the stencils to make a tree too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, OMG, this is excellent!! Just twisting that sweet perfect-sized sediment and placing it there is genius, let alone all the other fabulous elements! Thank you for playing in my challenge again!

    I was so tickled to get your comment this morning that your Baby Cuddles is there and you are in love!! I'm so, so, so happy for all of you! Enjoy!! Blessings and love, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. Love the tree and the birds are fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a serene scene, Andrea ... tranquil and dreamy ... and with such a great sense of movement! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply classy and i so love the way you have added the sentiment, thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.