Pages

Monday, 5 September 2016

Kaleidoscope Rainbow

There's still a few hours left to join in with Darnell's NBUS challenge and I've already been along with my 3 entries (says me feeling very smug to have actually made a tiny dent in Mt NBUS) but I have been very good today and had a play with another of my NBUS stamps while they are out on the kitchen table.

The stamp is Designs By Ryn 'patio stone' which I coloured with Aquamarkers using the colours of the rainbow and spritzed with water before stamping onto hammered card - I love the different effects you get depending on how much water you spritz. Then I used a sentiment from the Happy Little Stampers 'mix mash' set which I curved when putting on the acrylic block and stamped it a couple of times in Memento ink before attaching the hammered card to a kraft card base. The butterflies are cut from snippets of kraft card using an All Ocasions Die and finished off with some gems from my stash.

I started off making this card singing 'Somewhere over the rainbow' but by the time it was finished I was singing 'Butterfly, my butterfly'. I wonder what cards I'll be making next week after singing all the nursery rhymes I can remember?




I shall enter this in the following challenges ~

Butterfly challenge ' K for kraft and kaleidoscope'

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'

HLS CAS challenge 'watercolour spritz'

Uniko challenge 'inspired by a song title'

Creatalicious challenge 'anything goes with option anniversary'

The ABC challenge 'O is for open'

Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge 'take a stamp anything goes'

Designs By Ryn challenge 'September customer creations'


Thanks for popping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. Hope you all have a great week.

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely Andrea, really inspired stamping and of course love the rainbow of colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's inspiration for you! This is brilliant. Just perfect for my challenge. Thank you for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and am so excited for you! Photos please, LOTS :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card - you've created a great effect.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Andrea, such a super design and lovely bright colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card with gorgeous colours, sweet butterflies and a great layout.
    I am getting so excited for you.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the random colour effects that happen with the spritsing technique. Lovely cheerful card! Thanks for adding your makes to my challenge and for your kind comments as well. So appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grinning from ear to ear here! Just spotted your comment about the baby GD - at last she's in your arms for all those cuddles. Enjoy!

    Love

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous love the fab colours and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super stunning and striking card and what gorgeous colours you've combined. Glad you played along with our song inspiration challenge this month at Uniko too. Thanks Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gorgeous colours you've used on this wonderful stamp and the way they are bleeding together.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so colourful. Makes me smile. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the rainbow circles background - very cheering x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have used a really interesting technique on this card. Thanks for joining the fun at uniko Studio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. Love this technique and the bright bold colors. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you back again. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the rainbow of colour and the movement you have created with the stamping placement of the sentiments and pretty pretty butterflies. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge & my apologies for commenting SO late. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional anniversary” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.