Pages

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Zesty Sunbursts

I'm not sure where the days have gone to this month and I'm getting way behind with my blog visits again. I also had some new stamps drop through the letterbox this morning so I thought I'd better have a quick play.

This is another Penny Black called Sunbursts which I inked up with Memento inks. As I wanted to make a smaller card I cut the image down and matted it onto some nice bright card and then stamped the sentiment (which was a magazine freebie and can't remember who by). I had every intention of getting out the needle and cotton and doing a bit of hand stitching around the image but decided that a ruler and gel pen would be the better option as I hadn't got any bright coloured cotton. I couldn't decide whether to put the image central to the card or at an angle, but fate (and strong sticky stuff) made the decision for me!



I shall enter thid in the following challenges

Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes with a stamp'
Stamping Sensations challenge 'anything goes'
AAA Cards challenge 'stitching'
Mod Squad challenge 'sew easy'
The Artistic Stamper challenge 'anything goes'
Country View challenge 'hot summer days'
That's Crafty challenge 'zesty zing'

Thanks for popping by today and for all your lovely comments. I will try my best to catch up with you all over the next couple of days.

19 comments:

  1. Looks like a very productive play time with your new goodies Andrea, the pretty blooms look very effective offset and balanced with the sentiment.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your hand stitching with the gel pen is perfect! I thought it was a stitched die at first! Love this CAS look, it really showcases your beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card...love the offset flowers and your zingy choice of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun new stamp and a very sunny card Andrea. It's perfect for our Hot summer days challenge over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bright flower images. Your faux stitching looks great! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Andrea, lovely warm colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a good enough reason and me thinks it would have been that way regardless of the sticky intervention. Who do you get your Pb's from ? Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cheery creation, love the colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty card, love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lovely shades or Orange look gorgeous on the white card and I love the stitched edges. Thank you for entering our August challenge at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us for our next challenge.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and striking flowers with echoed by your hand drawn stitching. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty are the flowers. Beautiful stamping.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty flowers. I love the pop of the bold flower colour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty flowers. I love the pop of the bold flower colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo what a lovely zesty glorious image, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very elegant card! Love orange flowers and a lot of white space. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really nice design and wonderful color choices!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful stylish card in lovely cheerful colours. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  19. I to am finding days disappearing with this lovey weather, thank you for finding time to create and share this lovely card with us and joining in the challenge at The Artistic stamper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.