Pages

Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Snowballing Penguins

We're already in August and if I blink I'm certain that I'll find myself in December... so with that thought in mind I decided it was time to get on with another christmas card.

I've used a few of my favourites for this card - a fun Bugaboo image coloured with (of course) Promarkers, a Tattered Lace snowflake die and a snippet of the lovely LOTV 'frosty christmas' paper. Now I'm sure there are many of you just like me who are hoarding every tiny leftover piece of your LOTV paper pads and hoping that they reconsider and start producing them again before you use the very last sheet. They were just so pretty and fresh looking as well as a great size and quality. I used silver mirricard to matt the image and cut the die, and if you're wondering why the centre of the snowflake has Stickles on it..... well maybe I shouldn't have started squeezing the bottle before my hand had reached the snowballs!

Can you see the sun shining through the window onto my card?



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'a touch of sparkle'
As You Like It challenge 'favourite papers and why'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'anything goes christmas'
Fab 'n' Funky challenge 'christmas'
Hiding In My Craft Room challenge 'freestyle with a twist'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'christmas in July'
Noor! Design challenge 'christmas'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'my favourite things'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'show us your gold / silver and/or an embossed background'

That's it from me for today. Thanks for popping by and I'll get round to visit you all soon.

23 comments:

  1. Super card Andrea...boy those penguins are cute. Yes i miss the LOTV paper pads too!...though I still have plenty to work with!! 5 weeks and counting...you will be so happy I know, I get goosebumps for you thinking about it. Hope I am not rubbing in it...that is not my intention.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh I can't believe the faces on these little guy. So cute!!!!!Terrific card and I love the snowflake you went with here. I was just saying the other day that I only have a couple of Christmas cards made and the holidays will be here before you know it. Hopefully you will have given me the kick I need to get going. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super Christmas card Andrea, such a fun image and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Andrea, love the cute penguins and frosty colours
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the super cute image and a gorgeous snowflake.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love penguins so this is right up my street. Thanks for for sharing this great card with us at Winter Wonderland this time and we would love to see youagain. Good luck. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lOVE this,
    Lovely display for our current challenge, lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card Andrea! Love the image, Bugaboo are the one company who can tempt me with their digis I must admit! And I did giggle about us all carefully squirreling our LOTV paper pads - I know that I keep every little scrap! I guess you know that a lot of their designs were by Raspberry Road (who I think only produce in digital format under their own brand name) - here's a link to one set of Christmas papers that remind me so so much of the LOTV 'style' we all love. http://www.raspberryroaddesigns.net/shoppe/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=1289

    Great to see you in the Playground.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gets better! I've been searching through Raspberry Road's website and came across this set of digi papers: http://www.raspberryroaddesigns.net/shoppe/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=1333

    It's the very same one that I have here made by LOTV! Also called 'Heartfelt'! The name to search for on the R Road site is Susan Darter.

    Also, Nit Wits designed a good few paper pads for LOTV, Mary Fran is the most prominent name who designed for LOTV from a quick flick through my paper pads here. LOADS of paper over at their website - many also really similar to LOTV! https://www.nitwitcollections.com/shop/

    That's my detective work done for today!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 292 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Christmas card Kanda. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Sweet penguins.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Sparkly challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun and charming card. Looks lovely. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really sweet card Andrea. The little penguins are so cute. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your card, Andrea. Fun image and gorgeous paper. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute image, I love this card. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR - Corrie DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute card Andrea. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing your favourites with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super sweet card, these little penguins are adorable! Thanks for playing along with last weeks Passion for Promarkers :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. So adorable! Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.