Pages

Sunday, 28 August 2016

NBUS Under the Sea

It's that time of the year again when the fabulous Darnell shames us all into having a play with our NBUS and as usual I look in the cupboard and wonder which route to take up the mountain of unused goodies? So in the end I decided to go along the mixed media road and as well as being able to pack in no less than THREE NBUS goodies, I also took along a few snippets and some very old crafty stash for the ride. I even managed to do a bit of recycling along the way to come up with this.......







 So here's what I did ~
I painted a piece of card with Aquamarkers, used my NBUS Noor stencil 'wavy stripes' with Gesso then added more colour with the Aquamarkers before sticking to a piece of cardboard packaging. I cut a frame from foam padding (also recycled packaging) and then made the scene. 

I used a snippet of vellum and Memento ink to stamp the Design By Ryn 'leafy branch' which I stuck with some tiny glue dots. Then, using Glossy Accents, I added the very old stash - pearls, stamens and leaves. The other two items of NBUS are the Memory Box dies 'elegant jellyfish' and 'swimming seahorses' cut from snippets of card. I used a Zig metallic marker to colour the seahorses and Tattered Angels glimmer glaze for the jellyfish. 

Not my usual sort of thing but I must admit I did have fun making this AND as I managed to use three things from my NBUS pile I won't feel quite so guilty about the 2 parcels of goodies I ordered the other day!!

As well as heading up Mount NBUS to join in with Darnell's challenge I'm also heading over to see the playmates in Pixie's Snippets Playground and joining in with these other challenges

Crafty Cardmakers challenge 'by or under the sea'
The Craft Barn challenge 'blue or blues'
Love to Create challenge 'anything creative / mixed media goes'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend (and the extra day for those in the UK)

19 comments:

  1. Wow NBUS, oldies and recycling and what a wonderful job you've done. It is absolutely stunning and really does look lots of fun. I don't know if because you've used NBUS you are supposed to order more .... but we all do it don't we. Have lots more fun when it arrives. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super mixed media project Andrea, I bet this was real fun to create. I was thinking about joining Darnell as she was kind enough to pay me a visit but until my arm improves crafting is pretty much a no go area - everything I have blogged lately are old makes.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://welove2create.blogspot.nl/ Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from We Love To Create, love it xxx Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous project Andrea, I love the underwater scene you've created.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Andrea, you have created a wonderful underwater scene. I'm glad you had fun creating it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation, love everything about it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome project, Andrea! I love anything to do with the ocean! This really caught my eye! Great way to use those NBUS items!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, how genius to use the foam packaging as a frame for your incredible scene! The whole thing is really amazing, Amanda! At this point, if there was a prize for using the most NBUS, recycling, using snippets, AND using your v.o. schtuff, you would win hands down!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7 and for all your kind words and support, my friend! I hope you are feeling better!! Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, what a dork. I have to proofread all my comments any more about ten times and I missed that I called you Amanda! Geez, sorry! Do you mind if I call you Amanda? lol xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea! Oh Darnell always crack me up :) I totally love your piece of underwater mixed media art - so ingenious and what a stunning result! Love it!

    I'm seeing a lot of seahorses in Blogland at the minute, the latest trend?

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow . . . Love all yr creativity on tbis project. Congrats on using new, old & recycled stuff. Top marks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andrea,
    such a wonderful creation, and all the lovely texture on the super design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many creative elements to this project. I am big on making sea themed cards and this one is so lovely. I like all the elements, the underwater creatures, the seahorses done in reverse die cutting and the pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many creative elements to this project. I am big on making sea themed cards and this one is so lovely. I like all the elements, the underwater creatures, the seahorses done in reverse die cutting and the pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic idea with using foam padding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done with your little stash..love the theme.{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andrea... This is amazing.
    Absolutely love it... and a big thumbs up for recycling, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! A bunch of lovely creativity going on here! Love the scene you created, so much texture and pretty touches. Looks like the real thing. Thank you so much for entering your creation in our By or Under the Sea Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous sea scene that you have created! Lots to look at. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.