Pages

Thursday, 7 July 2016

Christmas Tree

Hi everyone, I've got a very quick and CAS card to show you today using a Hero Arts stamp that has been sitting in the cupboard for years waiting to be inked up. I didn't like how it looked in blank ink so got out my gold, red and green gel pens and went over the stamped lines before sticking to a piece of gold mirri-card and the onto a hammered effect card base. To finish I added a gold peel-off sentiment and a red star from my stash.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge 'gold'
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge 'vintage or anything goes'
ABC Christmas challenge 'N is for no rules'
Addicted To Stamps and More challenge 'anything goes'


I have an update on my Gemini machine - I am happy to say that Hobbycraft got back to me pretty quick and to cut a long story short they arranged for the courier to collect my machine and I received a replacement today. I've not had chance to get it out of the box to try it yet but I'm keeping fingers crossed that this one will be okay. They apologised for the shop managers behaviour and will be sending me a £10 gift voucher to hopefully keep my custom.

Sorry Parsnip it doesn't look like you'll be able to wave a placard outside Hobbycraft after all!


11 comments:

  1. It looks really good in the traditional Christmas colours Andrea.

    Please you got your machine sorted but what a blog for Parsnip not being able to jump into action.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad that you have got a replacement and they turned up trumps in the end, hope they gave the manager a good telling off.
    Love this card, a great tree and it certainly suits the CAS look.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card - I like the way you've coloured over the image. Glad to hear your replacement machine has been sorted out - and hope Parsnip isn't too disappointed!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see I'm not the only one who keeps stamps un-inked for far too long :) Really like this CAS beauty. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo about the Gemini! Result - and hopefully a lesson for the store manager. Parsnip is bereft though and now in a very deep sulk! :(

    Love this card, so classy!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful project, gorgeous colours and stamp. Looks like you have more success than I did with my mirror paper they always have too much shine on them...love the card.xx. {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty card Andrea, such a fabulous CAS design.
    I'm so pleased that you got your Gemini replaced, I hope you are pleased with it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS card! I'm going to do Christmas in July too! I want to get ahead of the game! Great news about your Gemini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab Christmas card, love the addition of the gel pen.
    Thanks for joining in at ATSM.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS Christmas card, Andrea. Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, good luck and I hope you will join us again for the next letter.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty swirly Christmas tree and I love how the great use of the gold gives richness to the design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.