Pages

Monday, 27 June 2016

Dragons and Mice

Hi everyone and a big thank you for your continued visits and well wishes. I'm just popping by today with a couple of cards I made using stuff I got out of the crafty cupboard when I was having a mini sort out the other day.

The first is from the snippets box - paper, card and ribbon are all snippets with just the adddition of some card candi and a peel-off sentiment. The image is Bugaboo 'Clyde birthday' which I coloured with my usual Promarkers. When I started colouring I started singing 'Puff the magic dragon' and days later I still can't get the tune out of my head !!


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'inspired by a song title' Puff the Magic Dragon
The Ribbon Girl challenge ' use any image'



The second card is using a decoupage House Mouse image that I'd made up some time ago. Thank goodness I've got quite a few of these already cut out and made up ready to use as I love decoupaged images. All I needed to do was mount it onto some gold mirri-card and then onto a card base with just a touch of Stickles on the holly berries and (recycled from an old christmas card) a bow and sentiment.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Rudolph Day June challenge 'anything christmas'
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge 'use a sentiment'
ABC Christmas challenge 'M is for mice'
House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge 'a day spent with friends / anything goes'
Gruffies & Guests challenge 'add a number / anything goes'


Thanks to those of you who left me comments about electric die-cutting machines. I am now the owner of a Crafters Companion Gemini which has been sitting on the kitchen work top for the past fortnight unused (apart from checking that it works of course). I bought it from Hobbycraft and got 15% off my first online order so only cost a few pence under £144 with free postage

First impressions out of the box...
Looks nice and not that noisy
Just switch on and pop the plates in

BUT.....
Definitely NOT lightweight (heavier than my Grand Calibur) and no way can I pick it up.
Handholds on the side are a bit awkward especially if you have long fingers (Grand Calibur much easier to hold with the handle)

As for how good it actually is.... I'll try and get my fingers working and make a card this week to let you know, but the fact I won't have to turn the handle will be a big plus.

24 comments:

  1. The dragon card is just precious. I love the coloring and the two rounded corners. This will bring a smile to anyone's face. Your HM card is just as darling as can be. Hope you are doing well. Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super creations Andrea and especially loving the second. Not come across that machine before, I've used an e.bosser for a few years and love it, may be they are similar.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    what a very cute image Rudolf card.
    I love it as it's sooooooooooo! cute.
    I do hope your health probs are resolved, and it wasn't anything nasty.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards. I love the bright colours and the adorable image on the first one. Lovely traditional colours on the Christmas card - and the image is so cute.

    Thank you for joining in the Rudolph Days challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz - DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards - love the cute image and all your snippets in the first one. The House Mouse Christmas card is perfect for our Rudolph Day challenge, so thanks for joining us.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two super cards Andrea, I love that House-Mouse image, it's one of my favourites.
    I hope you get your fingers working and have a play with your Gemini, I've heard lots of positive things about it, just remember to rotate your plates.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Andrea, love the decoupaged mice and cute dragon
    Hope you get to play with your gemini.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse & Friends and ABC Christmas challenge with your sweet HM card, Andrea. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very different style of cards Andrea but both fabulous, great images and designs.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both cards Andrea! The snippets one is terrific, little Livi would adore it so I just bought the download :) Wonderful bright and happy colours you used too,

    And I've made that same HM Christmas card and know how tricky the cutting is - but it's gorgeous!

    I do hope all settles down for you on the pain front, am thinking about a TENS machine here to see if that helps at all.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea,
    These are both wonderful cards. Fab images, they look great. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have lots of fun and no problems with your new machine. I have often wished for an electric one as my hands are sometimes too sore to work my Big Shot...but to save money I ask DH to cut a bunch of stuff for me! tee

    Your cards are great.

    I so love house mouse and your decoupaged mice are so adorable. I like your mirri card glimmer and the sweet decoupaged image.

    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your cards are sooo lovely ..the first one stylish and cute and the 2nd one soooo sweet
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards. Love the cute image on Christmas card.
    Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
    Hugs,
    Valerija - DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two super card especially the house mouse Christmas card, decoupaged my favourite.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun with your new machine. You got a good discount. Love both of these cards. Looks like you mouse was a lot easier than mine was! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card Andrea, such a cute dragon and sweet layout. Fab song choice too, will keep singing it now! Thanks for entering at Passion for Promarkers last week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely Christmas card. Such a beautiful image and the holly wreath around the main focal image is gorgeous and gives your card great depth and dimension. I love it :) X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two lovely cards , love the house mouse Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are great. Love the decoupaged layers of the House Mouse Christmas card, so pretty. Thanks Kanda for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards so cute is the wreath one.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card thank you for joining us at Gruffies & Guests
    good luck in the draw
    Shaz DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 287 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your adorable mousie Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy ​♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.