Pages

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Butterfly and A.... Part 2

Mrs A's Butterfly challenge is running for a couple more weeks so plenty of time to join in the fun. Mrs A has some more inspiration for you over on her blog here and I've also got a couple of makes to show you. The theme this time around is A... for Apertures and / or the colour Apricot.

First off I decided to have a go at making a shaker card (my first attempt). I cut the aperture with an Xcut circle die and added some punched butterflies for the shaker element. The front was decorated with Marianne Designs Craftables 'Anja's Flowers' and an All Occasion Dies 'Butterfly' which I'd coloured with an apricot Promarker. Then I used chalks to colour the sky inside. There are quite a few more butterflies to shake but they kept going in to hiding every time I lifted the card up to take the photo - due to the fact I'd put the sticky pads in a square and not around the edge of the circle !!




 I shall enter this in the following challenges -

Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'dies +/or punches'

Mod Squad challenge 'peek a boo cards'

Die Cut Divas challenge 'anything goes'


The second card I made was from bits I had out on the table. The kraft card was the back of a 6inch square card that had gone completely wrong (front had gone in the bin) so I folded it to make the base card and added a MFT 'peek a boo trio' die and a couple of Cheery Lynn and All Occasion Dies 'butterflies' which I'd already coloured with the Promarker. So now for the centre hole.... well all I could find was this sentiment (a magazing freebie) that seemed to work.




and as I used snippets for this I shall head over to see my playmates at the Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 


Thanks for popping by and for all your lovely comments. At the moment I'm suffering a bit from 'old age'!...  my back, neck, shoulders and just about every other bone and joint is causing me pain so I'm trying to reduce the time spent on the computer in an effort to relieve it, so I may be a bit slow in returning your visit.


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards - I had already seen these on the Butterfly Challenge blog and love your shaker card. A great design and such lovely colours too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippets card Andrea and I do love your shaker card too! One little tip (if you stick the pads in a circle of course) is to lightly rub some talc along the sticky side of the pads where the shakey stuff would stick - if that makes sense!

    Really sorry to read about your aches and pains :( Reducing time at the computer should help - you'd giggle if you saw me trying to straighten up when I get out of bed each morning! Take plenty of breaks if you do sit to craft or at the computer - easier said than done when you get engrossed though.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the soft blue and gold you used! That's a great border die-who makes it? Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Anything goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful cards. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Andrea for making another two cards for the butterfly challenge. They are both great. So sorry to hear your all aches and pains . Hopefully you'll feel better soon . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, but I especially favour the first one....so pretty. Hope those aches and pains subside...I sympathise...sunshine, hot sunshine needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you added the flowers as a lovely border to the aperture
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Andrea, love the pretty dies on the top one
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea,
    what super cards for the second half of the butterfly challenge.
    They are both wonderfully designed as usual.
    Love them both.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards Andrea, the top one is so pretty - the white is so elegant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is all down to the cold weather, lets face it we haven't really had but a few warm days this year.
    Two fabulous cards, love the first, great border dies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both beautiful, Lovely designs and I like the butterflies
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creations and love the colour combo's used here....xx
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea . . . thank you for your sympathy about my frozen shoulder. I'm sending you lots of sympathy for your "old age" aches and pains too. Totally with you there! Come round for a cuppa and we can moan together!

    Loving the look of both these pretty butterfly cards.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are just lovely, Andrea. I am especially taken with that beautiful border on #1, on your pretty shaker card. Love the design of #2 - a great way to inspire in this butterfly challenge. TFS & hope the aches ease up soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flowers are so delicate and I love that sweet little butterfly! Great Shaker card, they're so FUN! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.