Pages

Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Butterfly and A for Aperture and Apricot

Good Morning everyone and thanks for popping by today. I was very lucky to be a winner over at Mrs A's Butterfly challenge and as well as receiving a prize of some fabulous butterfly goodies I was also asked if I'd like to be a guest designer and of course I jumped at the chance.

I picked the letter A to go along with the Butterflies and Mrs A gave me..... Aperture and.... the colour Apricot. Although I've never made an aperture card before I must admit to be rather relieved when she gave me the theme and that only left the colour to sort., so after a mad search through my crafty stash I found this A4 heavyweight patterrned card (possibly from Hunkydory) to use for the base. I cut it down to approx 6 inch square and used an Xcut scalloped circle die to cut the aperture and added dies cut from snippets of card and paper - Memory Box Chloe Stem and Marianne Designs scroll (both of which I coloured with an apricot Promarker), Poppystamps Blooming Posie (with Stickles added to the centres) and Marianne Designs circlet. I added one of the fabulous wooden butterflies that were in the goodies I received from Mrs A and some gems from my stash. I decided not to tempt fate by stamping directly on the inside of the card so instead I stamped a Penny Black sentiment on a die-cut scalloped circle and carefully stuck in place.

When I looked at the leftover strip from the A4 card I thought it would be ideal for a bookmark so used a smaller scalloped circle to cut the aperture. Then after folding and sticking the card I added another of the wooden butterflies and a couple of gems.





I shall enter this in the following challenges ~

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies challenge 'use dies as main focus'

Cuttlebug Mania challenge 'May flowers'

Pixies Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'  I used snippets for the die-cuts and -not sure if it counts but - the bookmark was the leftover snippet from the main card.



This Butterfly challenge will be running for 4 weeks instead of the usual fortnight so I shall be back in a couple of weeks (on the 1st June) with some more inspiration. In the meantime I'll look forward to visiting your blogs and see what you come up with for your 'Butterfly and Aperture / Apricot' creations.

18 comments:

  1. I was so pleased to see you are the GDT this time round Andrea and what super inspiration you have come up with to get out creative juices flowing.

    I missed the last challenge so was determined not to do so again and as I'm not in the office today got stuck straight into my share.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being GD - it's well deserved! This is a beautiful card and bookmark - I love your design and the clever use of different dies.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Andrea for being my guest designer for this month long challenge and making the extra cards for the half way mark. I love how you have designed this card and making use of the left over for a book mark was an excellent idea. I love that itty bity paper BTW.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, gorgeous colours and an awesome design.xx  {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and bookmark Andrea! Food for thought there, thank goodness there's four weeks to join in this time :) And of course the bookmark is a snippet - if it's an off cut and even touched your desk in between times then it counts!

    Great to see you in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Andrea, and bookmark too! I like how you've coloured your dies to match the colour scheme...everything goes together so well. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card and bookmark Andrea, so pretty
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous set Andrea, a fabulous design and great sentiment stamp.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning pair for anyone's eyes. I love them both. Congrats on your new position, you deserve it. Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful matching set, I like the designs the colours and the gorgeous butterflies
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea, Congratulations on being GDT at Mrs. A's. This challenge really made me think as I had nothing Apricot coloured.

    Your card is absolutely beautiful. The paper is really pretty and I love your diecut frame and the flowers. A very pretty bookmark too. I love the way you've added lace to both. So sorry I called your bookmark a tag in the challenge post. Another senior moment, I'm afraid. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. very elegant card and book mark xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the win and guest designing, Andrea! Your set looks so professional and perfect - you could easily sell these in a boutique!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is gorgeous and congrats on being GDT at Mrs A's. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies.
    Emma (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful and sweet cards. I love your papers and diecuts on them. Congratulations on being Guest DT!
    THANK YOU so much for playing with our Happy Little Stamper Anything Goes with Dies - May Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Andrea,
    congrats on your GD with these gorgeous creations.
    That die cut around your aperture is wonderful, and very unusual.
    Great patterned card, and what a very fab sentiment also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both the card and bookmark are lovely, the paper you've used is very pretty. The flowers add a lovely splash of colour, I'm still a novice in die cutting so I'm taking note!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project with beautiful butterflies and flowers.
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
    Swissie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.