Pages

Monday, 16 May 2016

Birthday Celebrations

Hi everyone and a huge thank you for the lovely comments and best wishes you left on my last post. I am very pleased to say that after a few days, when the antibiotics started to kick in, Dad made a speedy recovery and was discharged from hospital Saturday afternoon..... and I managed to keep all the plants in his greenhouse watered well and nothing died off !!

I did get another scare this morning though as the Careline phoned me because he'd pressed his alarm and as he wasn't answering the phone we leapt in the car and had a mad dash around - with me imagining the worst of course - only to find him just coming in from the garden to make himself a cuppa tea. He'd had a busy morning in the greenhouse and must have caught the alarm without realising and never heard the phone ringing in the house..... talk about relief !!

Anyways enough of my ramblings as I have the card to show you which I made for Dad to give his Sister who was 94 last week.... and just in case you're wondering I'm happy to say she is just as active as my Dad. I used a large 8 inch card blank and a decoupage image which I printed from the Joanna Sheen 'Jayne Netley Mayhew collection part 2' cd, with a few extra flowers printed off as well. The paper is a freebie from The Coffee Shop blog, the sentiment is a Clearly Besotted stamp and the pearls and lace are from my stash.





I shall enter this in the following challenges

CD Sunday challenge 'something beginning with B'   birds + blossom

Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'birthdays'

Creative Corner challenge 'let's celebrate'

A Gem of a challenge 'flowers'


Thanks for your visit and I'll be around to catch up with you all over the next few days.

27 comments:

  1. Pleased to her the positive news on your Dad Andrea, had a few mad dashed like that as well over the years.

    It's a very pretty card, the Great Tit/Blue Tit - never sure as they are so similar is a lovely image the blossoms looks just like the May that is out all along the paddock hedgerows (which my Dad planted about 30 years ago).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent news about your Dad but I bet your heart was thumping during that dash to his house.

    I absolutely love your card. It is such a pretty image and the decoupage looks lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card - a beautiful image and design. Good news about your dad (and his plants) too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very pretty card...right up your Aunts street I would imagine! So glad the news is good regarding your Dad.....they do keep you on your toes though don't they! Glad the plants survived too...must be brownie points for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear the good news about your Dad.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the pretty decoupaged image.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Andrea, such a fabulous image - I have used this one often.
    I'm glad your Dad is OK, they can be a bit of a worry can't they!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful I love the bird and the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very very pretty card. I'm sure your Aunt will treasure it. Glad your Father is well and truly mended and he seems to enjoy his greenhouse. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it was only a scare and nothing worse - but not nice all the same. A beautiful card. Anyone would love to receive it.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that things are all OK. A really pretty card and just perfect for this time of year. We have apple blossom out in the garden at the moment and on a sunny day like today it looks wonderful. Just need a few more little birds - we have mostly seagulls being right on the south east coast.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phew! So glad to hear all was well with your Dad!

    Absolutely delightful card Andrea. Sure to be treasured by the recipient. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy that all's ok...was wondering where you were. Beautiful card today and love the paper you got.xx  {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't do much decoupage and this reminds me of how lovely it can look. A beautiful card and i'm glad your dad is OK - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card. I am loving that beautiful bird image and your decoupaged floral clusters.

    This really is a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning card. I am loving that beautiful bird image and your decoupaged floral clusters.

    This really is a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad your dad was okay! I love your gorgeous card! The bird looks like it's about to fly off any second!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous card with that beautiful image, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a beautiful image. lovely creation. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card the image is stunning Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card <3
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges.
    Hugs from Therese, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This so beautiful! Gorgeous card and so elegant! Love your design!
    Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us at FFFC. Good luck and hope to see you again really soon!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the image, not got this CD I think I better put this on my wish list
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad that your father is okay Kanda, and he appears to be keeping you on you toes. I adore that JNM cd and love the image you have used. I'm sure your aunt will love it. Thanks for joining in with our 'Birthday' challenge at Fussy and Fancy, and good luck
    Eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad to hear your father is okay. A lovely card, and such detail in the bird image. Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.