Pages

Thursday, 14 April 2016

Poppy Snippets

You know when you buy something crafty and think that it's so fabulous that you are certain to use it all the time but then never do.... well that's what happened with this Memory Box 'prim poppy' die. I bought it back in 2012 and this is only it's second outing, so when looking through the folder deciding what die to use for my card I felt rather guilty when my eyes rested on it.

I  made this card entirely from snippets of card - hence the small size (about 3 x 4 inches) and design - with just the addition of a couple of gems.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'

Creative Inspirations challenge 'your favourite things'  they just have to be dies and gems

Creative Card Crew challenge 'die-cut'

Addicted to CAS challenge 'inlaid dies'

Mod Squad challenge 'make a negative a positive'

Scrapy Land challenge 'anything goes with a brand of die Scrapy Land sells'



18 comments:

  1. A beautifully elegant CAS design and those pearls are the perfect touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so very striking in the black and yellow Andrea, it's a die I have always loved.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite dies Andrea! I love the design and colours you used - classy!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Andrea. The colours look very stylish. It's a lovely die and I've only used mine a couple of times and I don't know why. You've inspired me to get it out again. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and that die is one of my favorites to use on cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad this little gem got it's second outing. I adore the simplicity of this card. Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Andrea, so stylish
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Andrea, such an elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A CAS beauty to be sure! love the placement of the gems.
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snap, everytime I see someone use this die I think to myself I MUST use it again, as I do love it myself.
    Fabulous CAS card and love your colour choice.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS! It's simply divine! Love the color palette and the clean look. PERFECT entry for this Challenge, the poppies are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All good things come in small packages Andrea. Love this little card and the die is fab too. Can't believe you've only used it twice! Check out Pinterest - bound to be LOADS of ideas on there for you to play with.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, such gorgeous colours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been there, done that with this die! This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty Andrea....clean & simple always looks elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sure do like the simplicity of your card - beautifully done. I am trying to do a little catch up - I am afraid it is way to little and way to late!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.