Pages

Monday, 18 April 2016

Chocolate Wrapper

The weekend is over and it's a pretty dull start to the week so fingers crossed the sun is only having a rest and plans to visit soon.

I had a couple of Memory Box 'prim poppies' die-cuts left from the other day and decided they would be the start for my 'play'. I also found a snippet of card which I stencilled with Memory Box 'texture chicken wire' and 'texture mini dots' and memento inks before adding the poppies. Then I made a wrapper / wallet / pouch (call it whatever you will) from an A4 sheet of hammered card to fit a bar of chocolate, attached the stencilled card and added some gems to finish.

This is such an easy make and one of my favourite non-card creations as it makes a little gift of a bar of chocolate into something a bit more special and personal. It can be decorated as you wish or a left a CAS design (like this one) to suit the recipient.





I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'

Memory Box challenge 'anything but a card'

As You Like It challenge 'favourite non-card project and why'


Thanks for taking the time to pop by today.

20 comments:

  1. I love everything about this Andrea. It's a lovely make and a super idea. The topper would make a lovely bookmark too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stenciling Andrea and what a super way to gift wrap a bar of chocolate. I was very early to the playground this week so have everything on chill ready for you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this, great stencilling, one of my favourite die cuts and a bar of chocolate. As far as I'm concerned, it just doesn't get any better :) Seriously, I think this is wonderful and would be a great idea at Christmas time when you need to make lots of small, personalised gifts that dont cost too much. I'll definitely be using this idea in future so many thanks for the inspiration. Wishing you a happy crafting week X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful,love the colour and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great creation Andrea...love your stenciling.....love the contents! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this stencilled and die cut wrapper.

    I'll have you know I can be bribed with a dark chocolate version of this if you bring it to the Playground Tree house!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Andrea - what a super way to pretty up a bar of chocolate. Wonderful design as well.

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting - been busy sweeping up all the empty crisp packets and bottles in the Playground :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the front and really love the inside!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Andrea, what a brilliant idea.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super chocolate bar wrapper Andrea, like you say it makes a bar of chocolate special - a lovely gift.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous use of those poppies! Love those silhouettes paired with the softly stencilled BG.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea, nice to see the poppy die again, yes I have got mine out but still not used it. Love the background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great idea - I love the design (and the contents too!).
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! This is absolutely gorgeous, so clever and pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It challenge. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliantly idea and so love this design here today and gorgeous colour combo used…love this creation.xx

     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous idea Kanda... Great idea
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea Andrea, love the background with my favourite poppy die..
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this looks just beautiful! thank you for joining us at As You Like It challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Kanda - whoever gets this is very lucky! Love the honeycomb background - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh, someone catch me, I can feel myself swooning!! What a fabulous gift enclosure, Andrea, ESPECIALLY for chockie!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.