Pages

Friday, 22 April 2016

April Showers Bring Forth May Flowers

How quick did this week go? ... I think I must have blinked and missed a couple of days. I seem to have been very busy doing absolutely nothing and this morning I had every intention of popping round to visit you all but instead I was very naughty and went off for a crafty play.

There are quite a few water and spring themed challenges around at the moment so I set myself a challenge to try something different. I'm not quite sure what you will make of my card or even if I should be showing it to you at all, but hubby said he likes it.... so here goes.

I used Aquamarkers and watercolouring - painting the base card with some 'flowery' colours and a slightly smaller piece of card with blues for sky. After drying off the 'sky' card I used a Poppystamps 'blooming posie' die to cut flowers from it and then drew in some stems and leaves. I added gesso through a Memory Box 'mini dots' stencil for the 'rain' and then added a bit more blue with the Aquamarkers before sticking it on the base card.







All I can say in my defence is that at least I gave it a go!


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Mod Squad challenge 'water, water everywhere'

Poppystamps challenge 'splish splash!'

The Craft Barn challenge 'April showers'

Love To Create challenge 'anything goes mixed media'

Country View challenge 'spring'

Cuttlebug Mania challenge 'April showers'


The forecast here is for a dry weekend so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you all have a fun weekend and I'll be around to see you soon.

Oh, and by the way if you are kind enough to leave a comment and get a 'mail undelivered' message, please ignore it. I do get all your comments (comment moderation is on) and I think it must be something to do with hotmail.


21 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Andrea, love the effect
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and a great background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty Andrea. I especially like the gesso rain. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has worked really well - it is great to see new ideas!
    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty summery card Andrea and how effective the negative flowers look.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant design here today and gorgeous colour combo used on this fab card....hope you are having a great weekend. xx

     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card Andrea, a fabulous base and great idea to die cut the flowers out of it - a brilliant design.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creative use of the scallops! Thank you so much for joining us at Country View Challenges with your Spring make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful bg for your flowers Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea. I really like this card with its bright spring flowers and rain in the sunshine. It certainly fits the April Showers theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative and so pretty!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant idea Andrea! pretty card.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamp blog challenge.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your terrific background on this pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Poppystamps!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all for a bit of gesso through a stencil. This is a super mixed media card Andrea.

    Hugs, SArn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is beautiful Andrea! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card with an April feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great texture and colour on your spring card! Thanks for joining us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you did great! The die cut flowers and stencil background look great - and even some watercolor too! Lots of technique on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for joining our April Challenge at Country View Challenges and sharing with us your brilliant idea of making flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its gorgeous and I love it! You did an awesome job! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card!
    Love how you made the flowers.
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
    Swissie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.