Pages

Saturday, 5 March 2016

NBUS challenge #6

I'm sure you will have noticed that Darnell is holding another of her fabulous NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenges and of course I was spoilt for choice over which of my unused crafty goodies was actually going to see the light of day. I finally settled on quite a recent purchase that was added to the basket so that I'd get free postage (I'm sure a lot most of you have done that) and not what I'd normally buy.

My NBUS is a stencil from That Special Touch called 'flower and butterfly' and this is the first time I've had a go at stencilling the focal image of a card. I used Memento inks and I matted the image onto some coloured card and then onto the card blank. The stencilled butterfly looked odd and luckily I had one in my stash about the same size that I could stick on top to hide it - it looks like a shadow behind so I managed to get away with that!




So I'm heading over to join in Darnell's NBUS challenge




I'm also entering this in

Simon Says Monday challenge 'take a leap into the unknown

That's Crafty challenge 'stencils and masks'

Less is More challenge 'colour week - citrus'


Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

21 comments:

  1. What a fabulous pop of colour! I think that stencil has turned out to be a great purchase :) Great LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect and I like the colours you have used. Butterfly looks like it intended to be there. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Andrea, such a beautiful flower and lovely spring colours.
    Yes, I most certainly have added to my basket just to get free postage on the odd occasion!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish I could do stencilling, this is just so fabulous, great colours, very classy card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the depth of colour you have got on the stencilled flowers. The zesty colour scheme makes your stencilled image pop and it is always a relief to put our NBUS to use! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I like the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stencilled this gorgeous card like a master with such beautiful shading. Would never have known it was your first time.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea,
    what a very lovely card, and the flower looks fab.
    Great design and colour.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stencil work Andrea and perfect colour blending.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card - I love the stencil flower and the colours are perfect for spring card.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, love your stencilling. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is really pretty Andrea. I love the effect of stencilling. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful stenciling job. I love the softness of this card, just pretty signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lovely stencil and a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a Beautiful stenciled flower, Andrea ~ lovely CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love so much your stenciled flowers, beautiful shades, perfect coloring! thanks for sharing with us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully stencilled... a lovely flower in perfect colours for our challenge this time!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. ​I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely spring colours and well done for using your NBUS stencil!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely, Andrea! The butterfly might have looked odd (good save!), but the rest of the stencil is sensational! Good for you for using it! I also love the ginkgo leaf card you entered as your second card!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6 twice and for your lovely words of support! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.