Pages

Wednesday, 9 March 2016

NBUS and Snippets

Before christmas I bought a sheet of unmounted rubber stamps called 'Texture' from Designs By Ryn which was bought only because I'd seen those wonderful water droplets on so many cards around Blogland and of course I 'had' to have them (you know what I mean). The stamps duly arrived and I realised I'd run out of cling foam so my fingers toddled off to the shops to order some... oh and don't forget the Tim Holtz non-stick scissors necessary for the cutting out ! So by the time stamps were mounted and cut I realised that I had a complete mental block as this was definitely not my normal sort of stamp...and they duly got put in the cupboard.

As you are probably aware the lovely Darnell is hosting another of her fabulous NBUS challenges where she wants us to use our Never-Before-Used Schtuff so I thought it was a good time to get said stamps out of the cupboard and try to create something. For my first attempt I've gone for a very simple design using the 'fish scales' stamp and another NBUS item - an Impression Obsession 'gingko leaf' die and added a couple of gems and a peel-off sentiment to finish. It does't show up too well in the photo but the image and dies are attached with foam pads and the card is not mustardy but an orangey yellow.




I'm off to join in the fun at Darnell's NBUS challenge


 and as I only used scraps of card which were lying around on my table I'm also off to Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge where you have to use your snippets to join in the fun.

I'm also heading over to a couple more challenges

Scrapy Land challenge 'anything goes with a brand of die that Scrapy Land sells'

and Designs By Ryn March customer creation challenge


Thanks for taking the time to pop by and  for all your lovely comments

14 comments:

  1. Hello :) I'm glad that you decided to try out the stamp despite it not being something you would normally use. I think you did a great job combining images. The Gingko leaves look great with the background. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Andrea - I knew right away they were Ginko leaves, so distinctive - and you used Ryn's stamps beautifully!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Andrea, a beautiful background and lovely design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and the background and leaves look so well together.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out very, very nice. Glad you thought of that stamp and pulled it out. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours on your creative card today...love it.xx
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely choice of colours Andrea, sorry short and sweet but my tablet keyboard and I don't work in tandem.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous,lovely colours and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Andrea. The colours are lovely and fresh and it has an Oriental look which I love. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, with happy, warm colors! Wonderful design and technique! Thanks for sharing with us at the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love Ryn's Designs and you've made a great card here. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love that fish scales stamp. You know me and fish themed cards! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card .
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.