Pages

Sunday, 27 March 2016

Crazy Bird and an Easter Bunny !

I needed a birthday card for a male and as I'd left it until last minute I also needed to make it quick to get it posted off. So as I was sat with my mind a complete blank wondering where on earth my Mojo was hiding, one of those Tim Holtz 'Crazy birds' flew by and landed on the table. I'd already stamped and coloured it with Promarkers before cutting with the matching die so all I needed to do was raid the snippet box of pieces of Core'dinations cardstock for die-cutting the Memory Box 'happy birthday' and hand cut some balloons. I tied some baker's twine around the balloons and attached them and the bird to the card with some sticky pads. Finally I gave the bird a pair of googly eyes.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Allsorts challenge 'wings'
Penny Black and More challenge 'feature a creature'
Stamping Smiles Designs challenge 'tic-tac-toe' (celebrate / clean and simple / critters)




Before I go I'd like to show you the photo my daughter sent me of her little easter bunny... you can't help but laugh and definitely one for the Granny album don't you think?


The sun keeps popping out here so fingers crossed for a dry day. We're off to spend a bit of time with Dad then I'll be round to visit you later.

16 comments:

  1. You got one of the funky birds Andrea, I so love what you did with him and really must buy myself one of these sets.

    Of curse the start of the show is your gorgeous granddaughter, she looks an absolute darling, thank you for sharing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forget my own head, I ready the challenges and then totally forgot to thank you for joining in at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever card Andrea! I have all the bits to CASE that one - a great design!

    And your Easter Bunny stole the show :)) So cute!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant card Andrea, such a fabulous design.
    A gorgeous photo, so adorable.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card....very clever thinking.....now if that were me I would still be sat there thinking...but your little Easter bunny is so adorable...I am so sure her and Thomas will be head over heels in a few years !! lol. Glad you are getting pictures and video clips like me...they seem to make it all seem so much more real somehow. Seems ages since my cuddle and I long for another so I know you must be desperate to hold your little treasure...that photo will no doubt be shown to all her future beaus!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! I love your bird but it pales in comparison to your grand daughter. That has to be the sweetest picture I have ever seen. Oh how I would dearly love to kiss her little nose. So beautiful!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohhh, how lovely, what a superb Easter bunny.
    The cards great too, great male card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a real Easter bunny, too cute and love the crazy bird...xx  {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Andrea, love the cute bird.
    What a gorgeous photo of your granddaughter, she's adorable
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is perfect for a masculine birthday.
    However, the Easter Bunny picture steals the show. A definite AWWWW moment!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and cute card.
    Fabulous photo, so adorable little bunny!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more,
    welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a fabulous and fun card that is a perfect masculine design! i agree, your beautiful little bunny steals the show. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card and very clever design. The Easter bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic card! Love those googly eyes! And that is one adorable bunny! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining our wings challenge at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your living breathing Easter Bunny baby doll, Andrea! I saw her on the Pixie's showcase and had to come and leave some love!! Fantastic card, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.