Pages

Thursday, 25 February 2016

Tickled Pink

When my daughter first moved to Australia I sent her a small gift and a card for no reason apart from I saw something I thought she'd like. She was so delighted to get this in the post and I realised that to see someone's handwriting with a few words on a card for no reason other than a 'just because' can mean more than the biggest gift or longest email.  For that reason I think my favourite occasion for cards is when you send the message that you're thinking of someone and taking the time to write to them.

This is one of those cards..... a very CAS design using a Memory Box 'chloe stem' die, a Clearly Besotted sentiment, some sequins and the space inside to write those special words.



IRL it's a softer looking pinky pink than the photo shows


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Memory Box challenge 'tickled pink cards'

AAA Cards challenge 'sequins'

As You Like It challenge 'favourite occasion and why'

Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'anything goes'

Winter Wonderland challenge 'clean and simple' my 3rd entry


It's rather chilly here today but at least the sun is shining and the spring bulbs and blossom are starting to make an appearance. Hope it's as nice where you are.

16 comments:

  1. Your words and thoughts are so true Andrea, so often it's not what you receive but the message within and your card today fits that occasion so well.

    Yes sunshine here after a nice frost and the garden certainly thinks spring is close as do the birds with all their frantic activity. Funnily enough only this morning hubby said our Oakmie tree is in full blossom but it's at the far end of one of the paddocks I am not about to don my wellies to take a walk and see, will take his word for it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea and I so like the colours. Everytime I see this Chloe die I'm reminded that I keep meaning to buy it. Thanks for the reminder! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Andrea
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly right just showing you are thinking of someone can mean so much to the recipient and what a sweet card too
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love Just Because notes and this is a real pretty one. the sequins are a sweet touch. Have a wonderful day and I hope that grandbaby of yours is doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pretty card. I like the angle of the white layer too. I totally agree with you about receiving a card or gift...just because. Sunny here too today, but chilly and the daffs are in full bloom aside the snowdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card - I love sending 'Just Because' cards too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Andrea, lovely pinks.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great CAS card and I love the chloe stems I have that die must use more often.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous soft colours here, lovely CAS card construction.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very pretty Andrea. I love receiving card like that. I still have three out that came several weeks ago. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soft colours on your card. Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Kanda! Lovely colour. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card - the soft colours are perfect for that die cut! Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.