Pages

Monday, 22 February 2016

Cupcake

I was trying to think of a witty title for this post - maybe 'throw it in the bin' would be more apt!

I saw a challenge that required you to do some stamping with an embossing folder and after watching the video tutorials that made it look easy I thought I should give it a go. Well after several attempts this was the best I could come up with. The rest of the card is self explanatory... a stamposaurus stamp (I found hiding in the back of the cupboard) which I coloured with Promarkers, Sakura glaze and glitter pens with a generous helping of Stickles on the icing, a silver peel-off sentiment and a bit of card candi.

Don't know about you but I reckon it looks more like the strawberry got squashed on the background! Oh well, at least I tried.



and this one shows the sparkle on the cupcake a bit better



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge 'embossing folder stamping'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'clean and simple' 2nd entry
Allsorts challenge 'birthday wishes' 2nd entry
Stamping Sensations challenge 'anything goes' 2nd entry

Thanks for your visit today and I'll be around to see you later.

19 comments:

  1. I was going to say 'with a cherry on the top' but looking closer it's a strawberry Andrea ! Glad you didn't throw it in the bin as it's perfect for our theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,a fab design and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet !!!, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really a lovely card Andrea. Glad you used it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if you hadn't said about squashed strawberries I wouldn't have known that it wasn't meant to be...to me it all adds to the theme...brilliant. Yes I am lucky to have been able to have a cuddle of Thomas and I hope it is not too long before you can get a cuddle of your beautiful granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card and love the image. Very yummy. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your background looks fabulous Andrea and your sparkly cup cake looks good enough to eat - a super card, I'm so glad you didn't bin it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Andrea, love the image and design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I have tried this too and believe you me, yours is by far better than mine were, all went in the bin. Well done for sticking with it and it looks great and so does that cupcake too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. The embossed stamped design looks great with this lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely image and a great background too. I've tried stamping with an embossing folder and my efforts have never made it as far as my blog - your background is perfect for this card.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card, gorgeous colours as well.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet little cupcake card! I love the frosting!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooo sweet strawberry cupcake !!@! Njami njami!! I like it!!
    All is perfect!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've done a good job with the embossing folder - mine are just big blobs! Like this very much and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!
    Viv (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creation! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous card, Andrea! Love the cupcake. great colouring too! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think your background looks great, perfect backdrop for your cupcake theme. So glad you persevered and entered our challenge at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I'm all behind Andrea
    This is superb, your background looks awesome behind that delish cupcake!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.