Pages

Sunday, 7 February 2016

Birth Day Cupcake Dreams

Hi everyone, hope you've had a great weekend. There is a bit of a story behind the card I made today and I'll try to keep it as short as possible so as not to bore you...

My pregnant daughter had her birthday last month and I duly mailed her cards in plenty of time but somewhere between England and Australia they decided to go walkabout - a bit disappointing for her but not the end of the world and I did send her the photos of them. Now this is the worst bit - she is rather partial to chocolate and a cake or two, but unfortunately she developed gestational diabetes and has had to give up all sugary things.... NO christmas goodies and NO birthday cake !  Baby's due anytime now so this is a replacement birthday card I've made to send (along with the baby cards) and I reckon this could be a picture of her after immediately after giving birth !!

The image is of course from Mo Manning and is called 'cupcake thief' which I coloured with Promarkers. The Penny Black sentiment worked perfectly as inside I shall write 'Eventually'.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'clean and simple'

Passion for Promarkers challenge 'show us your favourites'  
lots of favourites here - image, sentiment stamp, Promarkers, Daughter, cupcakes

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
The sentiment is printed on a snippet of card and I accidentally on purpose cut the image a bit too narrow so had to add a snippet of blue paper down the side... must say it looks better like that

Creative Inspiration challenge 'hugs and kisses - create something for a friend or loved one'
I reckon my daughter is both of those

and last but not least
DP2 challenge 'anything goes with a Mo image'


Thanks for popping by today and for all your lovely comments. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you have a good week



28 comments:

  1. Oh, poor girl to have to give up so much! I hope this card doesn't do a walkabout because it is so perfect for her for after the babe arrives! The things we do for our children, sometimes from BEFORE they're even born!! I hope all goes well with the happy birth! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you daughter is going to love her card Andrea. Such a shame about the first one and her having the enforced ban of sweet eats, can sympathise as had the same. It must be such an exciting time for you waiting for the baby, I know there is a distance between you all but at least modern technology allows us to see loved one screen to screen.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me babbling away as usual and totally forgot to thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame the cards went astray but she'll love this one. So we'll be calling you granny soon! How exciting.

    Your card is very pretty and great fun. Lovely colours too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love the postal service!!!!! poor love hope it's not permanent and sorts itself out after the little one is born gorgous card as always
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Andrea. I love the gorgeous image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a funny card, but I can picture me (or her) doing that immediately after giving birth. What a time not to be able to have sweets, when you want everything you can get your hand on. She will get a really big kick out of this one, but I am sorry they lost the other ones. I wish her, you and the rest of your family the very best wishes with your new little one.
    Enjoy the restof your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable image...one I think I might have to buy!!! Congrats Gwamma-a new baby soon! How exciting! That long lost card may show up for next year's birthday! LOL ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute birthday card! I hope she can have some sweets soon! I wonder if the original cards will ever arrive? I always wonder about things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab card. I am sure your daughter will love it. Thanks for joining Passiob for Promarkers challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a shame that your daughter's cards didn't arrive, I'm sure she will love her replacement card - such a fabulous image, it sounds like it is perfect for her.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fab image and design,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Run as fast as you can - don't fall! Oh dear, will she make it? Those cupcakes look delicious - such a yummy birthday card!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a Daughter in Australia too, thank goodness for Skype.
    Love this card, great image and lovely colouring.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, Skype was quite a few year ago, we now do FaceTime, far better than Skype, doesn't break up as much, or get as much interference.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful designed card, lovely colour combo as well...xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrea . . . great story and a perfect card.

    Perhaps we should have cupcakes AND your method for pancakes in the Playground? People seem to think a cookery class and flipping pancakes might lead to some detentions!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Andrea - what a perfect card for your daughter! Here's to the arrival of a lovely bouncing baby and a sweet fest for your girl!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So stunning Kanda.Fabulous cas design and colouring and i love the gorgeous image.
    Thanks for joining in my favourites challenge this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A perfect image for your daughter's chocolate celebrations (after the biethof course)...

    That is such an sweet image...always makes me smile!

    Wonderful card Kanda...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope all goes well for your friend and that she is soon eating cake again. Love the thought of you stealing one for her :). Great card that is going to be greatly appreciated. Thanks for joining in with our 'Show us your favourites' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely image and fabulous colouring, sweet card for your daughter Andrea.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aawww I bet she is looking forward to returning to all things sweet once she's had the baby :) This image is gorgeous and your CAS card is stunning Kanda - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  24. sad that you had to do a replacement card but happy because this is gorgeous! And such a lovely story, good luck to your daughter and I'm sure she will smile when she sees this. Thank you for entering Mo's DP2 Challenge and good luck in the draw. Hellen DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A gorgeous creation hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fabulous fun card and so nice to hear the story behind it; hope this reaches your daughter safely.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.