Pages

Thursday, 21 January 2016

Winter Sparkle

Gosh I can't believe another week is almost up and I only just got chance to play last night. Don't ask me what I've been up to as it's one of those times that have been non-stop and nothing seems to have got done!

With the freezing cold weather we have at the moment I felt quite in the mood for a christmas card. As for New Year resolutions - not doing so well on the NBUS stash but at least I'm still on track with the old stash and snippets. I followed a sketch which was perfect for LOTV paper snippets with the strip of white card hiding the gap perfectly. The LOTV topper (matted onto a snippet of mirri-card) is several years old  - I just ordered some of the LOTV art pads before christmas as they were special offer so thought I really should use up the last of the old toppers. I used snippets of card for stamping the snowflakes which are NBUS from the fabulous Tim Holtz stamp & die set I won in the Playground (the other bits are stamped and die-cut but yet to be added to a card). Finally a liberal helping of Stickles added to the image and snowflakes to give the winter sparkle.



Poor lighting here today so here's another that shows the sparkle a bit better 


It really is such a shame that LOTV have discontinued the art pads and paper pads. I know so many people loved them as they were excellent quality and perfect for when you don't want to stamp.

I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'girly + sparkly'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'glitter and shine'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'cute or anything goes'
Digi Designs challenge 'include snow or snowflakes'
Creatalicious challenge 'snowflakes'
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'January blues'
Double D challenge 'brrrr'
Sketch Saturday challenge 'sketch'

Got to run now as we have to take my Dad shopping but I promise to catch up with you all over the next couple of days.

25 comments:

  1. Delightful card and the most beautiful colours.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can visualise the glitter Andrea, it's always a pain getting it on a photo and really liking the sweet image and blue tone on tone.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect card for me today also. We are expecting a snow storm for the weekend. The image is precious and I love your sparkle snowflakes. Nice soft looking colors. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty Christmas card Andrea! I guess you know that LOTV are ceasing their Art Pads? Sigh :( And their papers too, double sigh :( :(

    I was quick off the mark and ordered some stuff for the Playground toy box from LOTV when they had their selling off sale though.

    Tee, hee - I sat and made 11 Christmas cards over the last couple of days. So, yes. it's deffo. this colder weather!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and wintry festive make there Andrea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and such a cute image. I've just received some LOTV paper pads and art pads that I ordered before they stopped selling them as they always make great cards.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved how you have colored the image! Keep it up!
    Thank you for playing along with Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is snowy card sort of weather isn't it. Your card is really pretty Andrea. The image is really cute and I like the little banners you've put behind it as an accent. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep I got on the band waggon and got my order in PDQ on those art pads too. They can't catch us out. Trouble is once there used there used so perhaps I will just sit and look at them for a bit instead. Your card is super just right for this cold spell we are enduring holed up in our craft rooms!!! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, so pretty with all the blue softness and the adorable LOTV image. Love this! I'm so glad you shared it in our Brrrr Challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, Andrea! The different patterns compliment one another and I love the silver/blue/white combo. Thanks for joining us at the Double D Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and adorable card..love the pretty blues...thank you for joining our Double D 'Brrr' challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Andrea, love the image and pretty design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Andrea, such a pretty image and your papers are perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, great image and lovely papers.
    I too am gutted about the LOTV papers especially as they were only 20 minutes from me, roadworks permitting.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, thanks for joining in our "Brrrr" challenge this time...look forward to your return next challenge.
    Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the fab image and details,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Girly & Sparkly' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute, love the colour choice and the layout xx Thankyou for joining us over at Di's Digi's for our snow or snowflakes challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous Christmas card! I love that sweet LOTV image and all of the blue! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the image you have used here and who would believe the design was made up of snippets, you are a true crafter who can find a use for anything. Thanks for joining in with our 'Glitter and Shine' challenge at the Winter Wonderland this week, hope you will join us again.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so sweet and pretty too. Love the image and the snowflakes. Think I have those snowflakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "snowflakes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful card, loving your image and the use of the required blues. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.