Pages

Monday, 11 January 2016

So Tweet

Hi everyone and a special welcome to my new follower Barb of Barb's Faraway Cards

I may be going a bit slow this year but at least I have tried something else which is 'new' to me although I've seen it done on so many card around blogland.... I inked up an embossing folder with 3 different colour inks before adding the card and running it through my machine. Okay it may not be much but it's something I've been meaning to do for ages and this seemed the perfect time as one of the challenges I'd seen had the theme to use the 'ombre' technique which is having colours or tones that shade into each other. Also 'new' to me is this Bugaboo digistamp 'flowerbird' which I coloured with Promarkers. It's a simple design using nesting dies to cut out the image and computer-made sentiment. I also managed to use up some snippets of pearlescent card and ribbon.



I shall enter this in the following challenges ~

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Mod Squad challenge 'ombre technique'
Allsorts challenge 'ribbon and lace'
Digi Designs challenge 'it's new to you'
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'hey, what's new'
Paper Creator's Crafts challenge 'anything goes'

My motivation and inspiration are a bit in short supply at the moment so I'm having a good sort out of my craft cupboard. I think the more 'really must have' craft stuff I gather, the less ideas I get and the more likely I am to 'lose' stuff in the back of the cupboard! It's so hard to admit that I didn't really want that 'must have' unused stamp / die / embossing folder / etc etc..... but when I see them on your blogs and the fabulous creations you make then I just can't resist the temptation!

So for 2016 my new resolution for buying crafty stuff is - 'Not Unless I'll Use It'



22 comments:

  1. I bey you had fun with the inks for this one Andrea, it's a lovey choice of colours and the pops of purple really go well.

    Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and such a great image. I've also have a good sort out - I think it must be the time of year!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, Thank you very much for your welcome.
    Your card is really lovely. The inked embossing folder looks really good. What a sweet little image she is. I love the colours you've used. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Andrea! Well done you on inking up the folder - works beautifully! And I love the birdie :)

    Smiling here about your resolution - really I should follow that too. The Playground has a lot to answer for!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Andrea, fab image and colours
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, Andrea! Love your colouring and gorgeous background! I like your resolution - that's one for a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fab image,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable card. I love the way you made the background, I love the image and I love the idea you have given me to tying a bow Your way seems to reduce the depth of the bow and make it easier to mail..Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRILLIANT card and I love the NYR to try new things that are possibly out of your comfort zone. You nailed these technqiue.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the super fun image and fabulous colours used on the EF, gorgeous card.
    Thanks you for joining in our Ribbons and Lace challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super card Andrea, such a sweet image and your background is fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card, I like the sweet image.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh, I LOVE that image! I'm a huge Bugaboo fan! And that background is phenomenal! Thanks so much for playing in our Ombre Technique challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, Mod Squad Challenge Co-Host
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Kanda - love the bright sunshine colours. Pefect for brightening up a dull grey day like today - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, such a lovely colour combo and sweet added goodies.
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet card Andrea! Love the background with the ombre technique and the script. Great colors and coloring too. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Ombre Challenge this week.
    Barbara Mod Squad Challenge Co-Host.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute card and I applaud you for trying new things. More than I've done in quite a while. This image is precious and I love how the embossing turned out. Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The trouble is I'm always sure I will use it at some undefined moment in time. Your ombre effect on the embossing folder looks great as does thst cute image. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card and a wonderful idea with the embossing folder. I have to remember to try that again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous and happy card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us over at Di's Digi Designs for our 'Use something new' challenge.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.