Pages

Friday, 15 January 2016

Inky Butterfly and More Tweets

While having a sort out of my crafty cupboard I came across this stamp which I got ages ago and it's one of those stamps I wouldn't normally buy but was on sale and so of course it found it's way into my basket.

It's a Penny Black slapstick cling called 'garden letter' which I stamped with Memento 'desert sand' ink, coloured with Promarkers and I outlined the edges of the butterfly, bird and flowers with a Sakura glitter pen to make them stand out a bit. I ran a gold pen (looks a bit black in the photo) along the edges of the card before matting onto a piece of Dovercraft 'princess fairytale' paper and then onto a 5 x 5 inch card base. It needed something else so I added some gold gems to finish.




Mrs A's Butterfly challenge is asking for a 'butterfly and I for inks' so I'm heading over to join in the fun.



Also the Penny Black Saturday challenge has 'anything goes' as their first theme for 2016 so I shall head over there as well.


I seem to have a bit of a thing going on this year as all my posts have included a bird... it wasn't intended but I just wonder if it's all the birds I hear singing when I wake up in the morning that's  influencing me?! Anyway, thanks for popping by today and I hope you all have a good weekend.

19 comments:

  1. Oh this is really pretty Andrea. What a beautiful stamp that is. I like the idea of stamping in a lighter colour then using the Sakura glitter pen to go round some edges. I'll have to try that. I love the Sakura glitter pens and use them a lot for water colouring too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and beautiful colouring too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and colours Andrea.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Andrea, a lovely soft image and pretty colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Love your card... Great stamp....
    Thanks for joining us us at Penny Black Saturday Challengev
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Andrea, love the stamp and soft colour scheme.
    Thanks for joining this months PBSC too
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image and a lovely choice of colours and layout.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful stamp. Love your choice of colours, a really peaceful card I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant card. I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card and would be useful for many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say it's good that stamp ended up in your basket--wonderful card with beautiful coloring! So glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous image, love this one. Fabulous design and colour combo..
    xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very glad this ended up in your cart because you created a gorgeous card with it. Isn't it always that way, something you are not sure about or would not normally buy ends up being one of the best things you own? Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous stamp and I like how you have picked out the flower and birds to then colour in for definition. The rest of the stamp really fades out into the backdrop. Lovely effect. I bought a pack of Sakura pens on a must have at all costs whim. Guess what,they have never been used!! Thankyou for fluttering by mu butterfly inking challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous stamp image, and beautifully done in the pale colors! A very peaceful, lovely card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  17. The soft pastel colours are gorgeous, it's a wonderful card. Enjoy rest of the weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can keep on doing bird card art all year long as far as I'm concerned, Andrea! I love how you are showcasing them! And I love that you gave this NBUS stamp some beautiful love with this design!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my...so glad this stamp jumped into your cart...turned out gorgeous!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!


    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.