Pages

Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Poinsettia Star

A couple of christmasses ago I got my Dad a decopatch kit hoping to give him a new interest but after seeing it sitting on his cupboard for so long I realised it hadn't taken his fancy so last week the said kit came home with me. After managing to open the glue pot I duly had my first go at ripping up the bits of paper and sticking to the paper mache dog.

The finished creation looked pretty good and there was plenty of paper and glue left over so I decided to play some more.... this time using an Xcut die to cut a star from an old corrugated cardboard box. After leaving the decopatched star to dry I added some Stickles along the edge before decorating it with Poinsettias and Holly leaves cut with Tattered Lace dies. I added some pearls to the Poinsettia centres and more Stickles to the petals. Finally I made a hole with a needle and threaded some baker's twine to make a hanging loop.

It's so dull here today weatherwise so I shone the lamp on the star so that you could see the sparkle a bit better





I shall enter this in the following challenges

Our Creative Corner challenge 'wish upon a star'

Mod Squad challenge 'all that glitters'

Creative Artiste challenge 'mixed media anything goes'

and as I used snippets of card for the die-cuts I shall head over for another play at Pixie's Snippets Playground

Also adding in

Sparkles Christmas challenge 'die cuts for christmas'

19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous star Andrea and very clever of you to use up the leftover decopatch paper and glue. A really pretty result.

    Not going to show us the doggy then? I love decopatch and it's a shame in a way that it didn't grab your Dad's interest as it's such a relaxing craft I think. Ha, as am stranded in bed without being able to craft I wonder if Len would lift down my box of shapes, papers and glue so I can have a little play? Doubt it as am so clumsy I just know what would happen with the glue pot :( Shame though.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out stunning. Maybe this didn't appeal to Dad but it ended up being great for you. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes for a very pretty Christmas decoration Andrea and I always love seeing Poinsettias. I have some of that decoupatch paper but done very little with it so far, maybe I am now inspired.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Christmas decoration - I'm sure it will look lovely on your Christmas tree.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love your white poinsettia. I had trouble taking my photos to get the shine to show too. This awful dull weather is terrible to get a good photo in. You have just reminded me i have a sleigh to decoupage. No rest for the wicked. Now has anyone seen that pesky elf. He is laying a bit low after his ticking off from The Doc. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful,a lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Andrea, lots of lovely sparkle.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very pretty! It's amazing it's 'snippets' from your other project, and what a perfect entry for the Playground. The green shade of the holly looks beautiful with the silvery sparkle too. (Hope you get this comment...some of them are being returned rather like undeliverable email. I have no clue as to why!) Merry Christmas. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea-this is beautiful!!! Now you need to give it to your Dad for a giftie LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your star looks gorgeous Andrea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your star is so pretty! I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous star Andrea and very clever of you to use up the leftover decopatch paper and glue... Love your white poinsettia... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge... Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the cutest Star ever and just perfect for our challenge over at
    Sparkles Christmas Challenge " Die cuts for Christmas” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. just beautiful
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty. I love those poinsettias - just lovely. Great to have you with us at Creative Artitse Challenge this month.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge 'Wish Upon A Star' over at Our Creative Corner! Great idea to use a star shape as the base for your fab project! Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful project. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges during the festive season. Happy New Year. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful - love the colours and the sparkle too.

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.