Pages

Friday, 18 December 2015

Making a List

Well only one more week to go and here's the last christmas card I'm going to show you which is the one I made for my Dad to give his sister.

The wonderful Santa is a decoupage image printed from the Joanna Sheen 'Giordano Christmas' cd. There are a few layers but I was in a rush to take the photo and get this card in the post that I didn't realise they didn't show up so well. I die cut a computer generated sentiment and matted this along with the paper and image onto gold mirri-card. I layered it all up, adding red ribbon and pearls from my stash.



I shall enter this in the following challenges -

Creative Inspirations challenge 'merry christmas'
Winter Wonderland chalenge 'christmas bingo'  I went for the end row - ribbon / santa / pearls
The Ribbon Girl Card challenge 'anything goes'
Words 2 Scrap By challenge 'twas the night before christmas'
That's Crafty challenge 'anything goes'
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'christmas'

and I shall pop a third entry into each of these two challenges -

Through the Purple Haze challenge 'christmas'
Card Mania challenge 'christmas'

I must admit to having struggled a bit with christmas cards this year.... inspiration was sadly lacking and I'm glad to be putting christmas crafty stuff away so I can have a play with the new goodies I've treated myself to. Well I'm pretty certain I'll be on Santa's naughty list and I always say that if something's worth doing then do it buy it yourself.... and it doesn't matter if a few extra bits fall in the virtual shopping trolley now does it !!

17 comments:

  1. What a fabulous Santa, thanks fr sharing your lovely card with us at the ribbon girl, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Andrea, the santa looks fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like these old fashioned Santa images. Brings back Christmas of yester year. Must admit to buying/treating myself to a MISTI and also the Spellbinders Sapphire cutting and embossing system. (Well it was on special offer and free postage and £5 off for being a member and then I used my £10 off so it would have been rude not to wouldn't it). I shall have a play when that pesky Elf goes home. Enjoy whatever fell inot your shopping basket. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Santa! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Santa with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Andrea, such a super Santa image.
    I have to admit that I will be quite pleased to pack away the Christmas stash this year!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Andrea! You've got some great decoupage sheets! I love the old-time Santa and the gorgoeus red bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I like the Santa and the papers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, This is absolutely gorgeous! Your dad's sister is going to treasure it. And, I must confess, I was glad to hear that I'm not the only one who did a little holiday shopping for herself.) Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful - love the classic christmas image and gorgeous gold edges - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous Santa card. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love vintage christmas images and your santa looks so fabulous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic makes since my last visit. Sorry I haven't got time to comment on them all! I've been so busy I haven't even had time to blog any of my makes! lol! I wish you a very Merry Christmas & A Happy & Prosperous New Year!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! And a very Merry Christmas to you with a Happy and Creative New Year to follow. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love love this! The vintage style of this card is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Natalie and Amy's challenge this month.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Christmas Challenge:) good luck:)
    Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Ribbon Girl challenge! xoxo t.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.