Pages

Thursday, 12 November 2015

Two more for christmas

Apologies for my absence but I got attacked by those dreaded germs that lie in wait just to catch you unawares and then hijack you off to that world where your body feels like it wants to crawl up and hibernate and you realise that the banging noise is not fireworks but is actually in your head. Still at least my head and body have started communicating a bit better and I've been able to get back to some crafting.

I've got a couple of very quick CAS cards using more of those now retired LOTV toppers die-cut and matted onto gold mirri-card and some christmas sentiment ribbon.

Edited to answer Di's questions - The gold frame is the next up in the set of nesting dies and the ribbon is wrapped all around the card with the ends secured under the topper

and to Mrs A - these were the toppers that came 6 to a sheet and got replaced by the Artpads. I think I got rather carried away when buying them and am trying madly to get them used up!



I shall enter this in

The Ribbon Girl Card challenge 'anything goes'
Sparkles Christmas challenge 'christmas decorations'



I shall enter this in

Winter Wonderland challenge 'angels'

Seeing as I used snippets of mirri-card and the very last piece of ribbon I shall also head over to the Pixie's Snippets Playground (but I promise not to sneeze on anyone)


Thanks for popping by and I'll be over to visit you all soon.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea hope this finds you feeling better...xox. Lovely two cards here tonight so CAS and loving them.xx
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive had that too! And it is a real beast as I am sure you will agree! Love your cards though. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your parts are communicating again because they must be working nicely with your creativity. These are just lovely. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS cards - great images and design.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Andrea, these really are gorgeous! I have tons of those LOTV toppers and what a lovely fresh way to use them up. The gold frames look fab too. Am wondering if you did the next size up die cut or actually drew round the image sized one and then fussy cut it - either way it works beautifully - especially with the dark ribbon. oh I do love to peer at cards on line and deconstruct them. Now wondering if you wrapped the ribbon round the edge of the card and ut a slightly smaller backing layer inside the front :)

    Sorry to hear you've been feeling so rotten - come and join me on the sofa in the Playhouse. We can spy on Sarn and Mrs A from up here. I believe they're holding casting sessions for the Nativity Play now - sigh. It never stops once they get going does it :(

    Take it slowly chick, I went too fast with my foot and am now paying the price.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, love the design and images.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Andrea, lovely toppers and great design.
    Sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I hope you are feeling better.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards, the LOTV toppers look great with your die cut and gold matting.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both gorgeous cards. didn't realise those LOTV had been retired so good job I still have a pack of them in my stash! Sorry to hear youv'e not been well. That Miss Di has spy's everywhere!! Still casting for a shepherd or two. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful toppers you have there, and you surely have made two gorgeous christmas cards with them..thank you for sharing them with us & good luck
    Hugs
    Babs DT Sparkles Christmas..x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet of you in your comment, I am ok, at least I am happy crafting and visiting my cyber buddies, you take it easy too....did you enter my candy?
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are wonderfully CAS with their lovely focal images and a touch of ribbon.

    Hope you feel tickety boo very soon . . . we're casting for Angels next week!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you haven't been well.....your cards are just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful Andrea, love the gold - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl November Card Challenge - good luck - Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry you got caught by a bug! I am glad you are feeling better! Your cards are adorable! Especially the sweet angel! The gold frame is beautiful! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous cards!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just the cutest cards ever and just perfect for our challenge over at
    Sparkles Christmas Challenge " Christmas Decorations” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.