Pages

Saturday, 21 November 2015

Robin

Hello everyone and thanks for popping by to visit on this chilly afternoon. We woke up to a very light sprinkling of the white stuff but it soon disappeared to leave a lovely sunny day and I've even got the washing blowing nicely on the line outside.

I've managed to get another of my christmas cards finished and this is for my Dad. I used a Just Inklined digi 'gatepost robin' which I coloured with Promarkers, added Stickles on the snow and a clear Sakura glaze pen on the berries. Rather than die-cut the image and matt it I decided to die-cut an oval from a piece of linen effect card, and after running a gold calligrapher pen around the edges stuck it on top to make a frame. I found it was easier to line up and stick the image to the linen card first and then attach that to the card base. The sentiment was done on the computer and the poinsettia, holly and mistletoe dies are all Tattered Lace. A tip to get a nice shiny poinsettia - I die-cut the pieces from glossy photographic card, coloured them with Promarkers and then used a tiny brad to put them all together.




and a closer look to show the sparkly snow 



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'at least 3 die-cuts'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'things with wings'
I love Promarkers challenge 'traditional christmas'
Graph'It Colour challenge 'christmas'

Right that's it from me for now. It's my birthday today so I'm going to ignore all the housework and just put my feet up with a nice warm glass of mulled wine. Hope you have a fun weekend whatever you get up to.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the CAS design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a really super card Andrea.

    Hope you have a good weekend, keep warm.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad will love this, who wouldn't. Fantastic coloring job and I love the snow, so real looking how you have it coming in once direction. Most important: Happy Birthday to you. Enjoy the day and that mulled wine. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the pinsetter and the cute robin.
    Thank you for joining in our 3 dies challenges this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Happy Birthday, Andrea!! Or, with the time change, I guess now I should say Happy Belated Birthday! Your robin card is truly magnificent! I'm pinning it as I'm fascinated by how you did the oval. And thank you so much for tip about the glossy paper!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card and a great tip about the photo card.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and thanks for your little tip..xxx
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♪♪HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....♪♪ { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the image & your beautiful poinsettia!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely design! Ideal for a Dad too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card Andrea, such a gorgeous robin image and beautiful poinsettia.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous festive card, love the image
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card and lovely die cuts.
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    AnyOldCraft (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, love that robin. Thank you for joining us over on the ILP challenge blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. really stunning card - beautiful image!
    Thanks so much for entering our challenge at the Graph'it Marker Blog!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 256 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.