Pages

Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Crazy Bird-Day

Hello everyone and thanks for popping by on this very chilly November day. I treated myself to a set of the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps a couple of weeks ago and decided that one of these quirky little characters would be ideal for my Son's birthday card. Instead of heading straight for the Promarkers I thought I'd try something a bit different so out came the Flexmarkers Edited (just got my brain into gear and what I meant to write was Aquamarkers) , paintbrush and a cup of water. This was my first go at watercolouring and I must admit to being rather pleased with myself. I added some googly eyes, printed out a sentiment and used snippets of Core'dinations cardstock to matt and layer onto a hammered effect base card.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'

Creative Inspirations challenge 'photo inspiration' I was inspired by the bird

Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes'

ABC challenge 'U is for unlimited'

Without Words challenge 'winter birthday'



13 comments:

  1. Sure your son loved his card Andrea, I know I do. Those funky birds are such fun and on my wish list and should I get to the NEC am hoping to find them there.

    And I agree, it's extremely chilly and typical November.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then forgot to say those googly eyes work perfectly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job with the water coloring. Your son will get a kick out of this card. That bird just makes me smile. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, love that bird, such fun!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Andrea! Wonderful water colouring and you did the birdie proud :) As B says, the googly eyes are brilliant too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, just love that crazy bird!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card for your Son, your watercolouring is brilliant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav TH stamp love this as I am sure your son will too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card love your image and card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout and fab watercolouring Andrea. Those crazy birds sure are quirky!

    Hope you're feeling better . . . come and warm yourself around the Bonfire tomorrow night in the Playground.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great fun card - I love your layout and the googly eyes!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colours are blended perfectly. The eyes have it!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.