Pages

Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Colours

Morning everyone and thanks so much for all your lovely messages on my last post. I'm trying to get some cards made (instead of leaving things until last minute) but everything seems to be going wrong and there have been a few ending up in the bin. My card today has survived although I did forget to add the 'stick it' sheet to the card before die-cutting so had to use 'stix 2' micro dots and ended up putting it on the wrong side of half the letters and had to cut more. It's a good job I've got a mountain of snippets!

I needed a birthday card is for my Dad to give my son who will be 41 so as usual when I need some ideas for male cards I headed over to my blogging friend Pauline at Crafting With Cotnob and this is her card which inspired me. I also went for a colour combo to fit in with a few challenges and made it entirely from snippets of card and papers. The sentiment and letters are Memory Box dies and the stars are an Xcut die.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground 200th challenge 'use snippets' off for my second play

Allsorts challenge 'orange / purple / black all or any two'

Papertake Weekly challenge 'take your pick' I've gone for the colour theme

Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'colour choice - orange, purple, black'

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant Andrea! I always struggle so much with cards for chaps and this one is perfect - have to admit that the MB die has saved my bacon a few times! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design - I've been struggling to make a card for a friends's 'BIG' birthday so will CASE your idea - thank you!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bin days as well Andrea, so you are not alone. A great card for the guys, always difficult ones I find.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Andrea, a perfect masculine design - I'm so pleased that my card provided some inspiration.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - perfect for males as you say, l saw this on Paulines blog too and almost cased it - on for the future l think.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Purple/Orange/Black' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Andrea for your caring and kind words, Beautiful Love this gorgeous creation and colours along with the die used.xx
    {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful male card!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again Andrea, I totally forgot to also thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.