Pages

Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Yo Ho Ho... and a Snippet of a Pirates Life

You can tell it's been a bank holiday weekend as I'm running a day behind and should have posted this yesterday.... but better late than never. I recently was a lucky winner over at Words 2 Scrap By and was also invited to be a guest designer for their September challenge which has the theme "Ahoy Matey" in honour of September 19th 'Talk Like a Pirate Day'

I have nothing in my craft cupboard which is remotely piratey so I had a quick google for a pirate ship image and found one which I put together from snippets of card. The sky is a snippet of LOTV paper and I used Tonic sculptured edge scissors to cut the sea from more snippets of card. Finally I added the 'yo ho ho' which was die-cut using the Memory Box 'classic lowercase alphabet' also from snippets. Each of the black sails is cut separately but it doesn't show too well in the photo.





I shall enter this in the following challenges
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' popping back for my 2nd visit
Cuttlebug Mania challenge 'anything goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes + option recycle / upcycle'
Cupcake Inspirations challenge 'layers'
Through The Craftroom Door challenge 'anything goes'

Thanks for popping by today and I hope you can come and join in the fun over at Words 2 Scrap By  

19 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Andrea, you have created a wonderful scene. I thought I had an extra day for my 1st of the month DT makes as well!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just FABULOUS - great design - what boy or girl wouldn't love to get this - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be the same with that theme Andrea, but it looks like you got it spot one with this clever make.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done Andrea! I'd have been 'all at sea' (ho, ho, ho!!) with that challenge theme - you sure cracked it though!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Ho Ho and a sailing we will go - Now you have me singing that song all day! Well done Kanda and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a thing "piratey" so I'll have to try to come up with something. Maybe a regular ship.
    You did a fabulous job with your ship, waves and sentiment. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the layers - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I just love any kind of scene card! You did well with your pirate theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet little card for a boy. i know my son would love it. thank you for sharing it with us over at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your well-deserved win at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com! Love teh detailed waves for your pirate ship!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent pirate card me hearty. Avast ye land lubbers!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful "boy" card! So glad you were inspired by Cupcake Inspirations' layers challenge. Hope you'll join us again!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent card any little pirate would love.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    TTCRD DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea,

    This card is absolutely adorable! Love your creative use of all those snippets. :)

    We are so glad that you joined us this month as our Guest I-Teamer at Words 2 Scrap By! You are so talented and we appreciate you sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun card! Well done!
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!

    Hugs,
    Swissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card, great for a little boy

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.