Pages

Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Pretty Clean and Simple

Don't you just love snippets and what can be created from them - well this is one of those times I can sit back feeling pleased with myself for being a hoarder.

I made a card last month using my new Memory Box 'poinsettia ribbon' die which I'd cut out in gold mirricard but hadn't used the petals so they were carefully saved for future use. I'd also cut the die in a snippet of red metallic card which had only been big enough to cut the piece I used on this card. I put the two together and added a gem in the centre. The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny, the peel-off sentiment is from my stash (the last of a sheet which I've had for years) and to finish I rounded the card corners with a punch.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
CAS-ual Fridays challenge 'cas + pretty patterns'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'to die for'
ABC Christmas challenge 'Q for quantum leap' (D - die cuts, K - keep it simple)


18 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card, I love the rich colours. I'm a hoarder too and can't bear throwing any bits out as I know they will be used one day!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect combination. I like the rounded corners as a finishing touch. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Goodness for snippets. This card is just lovely. The paper choice you made goes perfectly to give the whole card a wonderful Christmas feel. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another outstanding snippets card, Andrea! I remember that other card and have it my folder to CASE. I love the design you've created with the leftovers! Your amazing!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Andrea, what a great festive card!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect little CAS card!
    I love a peel-off or two from time to time!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snippets card Andrea! Gosh i do love that poinsettia - and your peel off sentiiment is very stylish compared to most of mine. I thought it was embossed! Lovely card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Andrea this is beautiful. I really love this...And that sentiment is fantastic. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done using your little bits and pieces, always satisfying to put them to use!! Beautiful Xmas card and love the colour combo. That patterned paper is gorgeous and love it with the red and gold. And I love that you used the red metallic card, gives it a hint of shine and bling. So very glad you shared this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kanda - this is a beautifully elegant Christmas card - love the gold and red together - I have joined your fantastic blog and would be over the moon if you joined mine - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Andrea, such a beautiful CAS design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunningly beautiful colours used and love this awesome creation.
    Have a lovely weekend.xx
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the look of this die and the dp is perfect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is just GORGEOUS Andrea. Love it to pieces. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The red and gold looks so dramatic against the soft patterned paper - love it! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.