Pages

Sunday, 23 August 2015

O Christmas Tree

Hi everyone, thanks for popping by and a warm welcome to my new follower Michelle. I made this card last night following a sketch and a few themes and also to use up some of my growing pile of snippets.

I used a Die'sire petite dots folder to emboss the base card and a magazine freebie folder for the snippet of gold card. No prizes for guessing the image is a LOTV stamp coloured with Promarkers and the snowflake is a Tattered Lace die cut from another of those snippets with a gem added to the centre. The metallic red card is a snippet and the baker's twine is from The Ribbon Girl.




and here's a closer look at the embossing
 

I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'use some gold'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'sketch'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'carols / songs' ~ O Christmas Tree
Papertake Weekly challenge 'to die for' (my 2nd entry)
Sparkles Christmas challenge 'no designer papers'
Tuesday Throwdown challenge 'texture'

I'm off to do a spot of housework now. I love the sun but when it shines through the window it really shows up the dust! Enjoy the rest of your weekend whatever you're up to.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea
    Oh I do love your shiny, adorable Christmas card. The embossed gold looks stunning.
    Eve xx
    P.S my hairdresser uses her hair dryer to blow the dust away!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Andrea,

    Great use of all those snippets and what a cutie image, the gold embossed panel really brings it all to life.

    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and don't stress too much about the dust.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I never thought to sit on Hubby's head to reach the top of the tree. Thanks for sharing this image and giving me such a great idea come Christmas decorating time. LOL This is so darn cute and that touch of gold embossed paper is ideal. I was thinking the same thing the other morning when I looked at the sun shinning in the dining room door. I thought the house was clean but evedentally not. Enjoy your day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and adorable! Love the metallic cardstock you used - I like anything shiny or sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkels Christmas. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww andrea this is perfect.thank you so much for playing along with us over on the pfp challenge blog
    Hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your image is so sweet and a fabulous card...thank you for sharing it with us at Sparkles christmas this month...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute indeed. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossing and metallic cardstock. Great card. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland this Month. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute Andrea! A lovely card - darling image and I do love the gold embossing!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful Christmas card Andrea, such a lovely image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic take on our sketch, love this gold paper and the colors. Thank you for joining us at Passion For Promarkers and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Andrea. I love the cute image and fab papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute. Love the embossed gold paper. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous cute Christmas image. Love the embossing and the shiny card really does make this stand out. Thanks for taking the time to join in with our 'Sketch' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kanda, this is one sweet LOTV image, and so lovely the way you've colored it. Loved the bright glow of the red behind the bear's nose, and that gleam of gold embossed border. Nice texture on the white embossing that sets the background for this cute card. TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 243 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great image and I love the embossed strip

    Thanks for playing along at Sparkles Christmas Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.