Pages

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Butterfles and Washi Tape.... or is it?

For those of you who haven't yet fluttered over to Mrs A's Butterfly challenge the theme this time is W for Washi tape. Now I have never posessed any of the stuff so I knew I would have to go shopping.... or would I?

Here is the card I sat and made last night. The butterflies are Hunkydory and the sentiment is Clearly Besotted. As for the "Washi" tape - well take a look at the last photo and let me know what you think.






and here's what I used for my "washi" tape

Okay it's not smooth like washi tape but I think the texture gives it a bit of interest and it is quite see through.... plus I get to make my own designs.

I hope you're all having a great weekend. I had some super news from my daughter (in Australia) this morning to let me know she and her boyfriend have got engaged... so a long chat on the phone and a big smile on my face.

11 comments:

  1. Well this is brilliant! Bonus points for making your own washi tape! I have often thought of doing this myself when I'm looking for a certain colour. Such a cool idea! Love your card! The butterflies are so pretty! So happy to see your card over at Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card and a great idea to make your own washi tape - I must give that a go!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Andrea, your 'washi tape' looks fabulous.
    Congratulations to your daughter.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love what you did, much better than Washi tape any day. Beautiful card. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inventive with the washi tape never would have thought of that
    congrats on the news of your daughter
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very nearly sent you a comment earlier to say you couldl try making your own but never expected you to use surgical tape!!! Brilliant. I love those patterns. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have made with the surgical tape, clever clever, gorgeous creation finished perfectly.xx
    {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Andrea, really love this one!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card hun, thank you for your kind comment on mine today :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Necessity is the mother of invention and you may just have started a trend Andrea.

    Congrats to your daughter.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very beautiful card, Andrea, and so 'on trend' at the moment x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.