Pages

Sunday, 5 July 2015

Red, White and Blue

This is definitely a colour combo I have never liked but I really want to make an effort to join in with the Less is More challenges this month as well as using my (many) dies a lot more. So here'e my card and actually I'm quite pleased with it although I still haven't been converted to the colour combo!

It took minutes to put together but an absolute age moving bits and bobs around on the base card and the pieces of red and blue card kept decreasing in size as it went along! Also the choice of Memory Box die kept changing and I finally settled on my old and well used 'Chloe Stem'. The opposite corners of the base card and coloured card were cut with a Dovecraft corner punch and I added some pearls to finish. The pearls are perfect matches to the coloured cards but the light just caught the red ones making them look a bit pinky in the photo.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Less Is More challenge 'red, white and blue'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' ~ snippets for the dies
Memory Box challenge 'red, white and blue'
Frosted Designs Friday challenge 'red, white and blue with a twist' ~ old die, new pearls & coloured card
Scrapy Land challenge 'anything goes with a brand of die Scrapy Land sells'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

26 comments:

  1. Well you might not like the colour combo Andrea but it's a real beauty and totally striking.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Andrea - I totally agree with Brenda! This is so striking, fabulous work. It looks just perfect.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, striking and fabulous.
    Love it. Great use of your snippets too and a brilliant design.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Andrea, a perfect red and white CAS design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A striking CAS card. That is probably my 2nd favourite Memory Box die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Andrea. You may not like the colour combination but that hasn't stopped you doing something stunning with it. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fab and awesome card design. Love the details and colors used. Love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs Challenge Blog! Huggies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are our own worst critics. This is stunning Andrea. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white on top of the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning .... the white die cuts really pop against the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the red, white and blue colors on your beautiful card! That Chloe Stems die really stands out on the solid backgrounds. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #21!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As red, white, and blue cards go, this is one of the best in the CASlicious category that I've ever seen, Andrea! I love, love, love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will admit to not being a lover of the combi either :). But the cards that are being entered this week are proving me wrong and this is a particularly stylish one - so CAS and effective Andrea!
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card! I love the die and the CAS design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulously CAS. Sometimes the placement of so few elements is the toughest part of CAS cards but this looks great.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks wonderful! Perfect for that red, white and blue challenge!
    The chloe stem is one of my faves and I don't think i have ever used mone...like hoarding my faves...crazy, I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous card, I am not usually very keen on red, white and blue either but they certainly look good on your card. I like the way you used the corner rounder and the Cloe Stems are beautiful.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just seen this on the playground picks and I would just like to say that this card is totally fabulous, a very classy card and I love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely card. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andrea, the bold blocks of color behind this MB die show the white stems off just magnificently. Love this design and congrats on your Snippets Playground highlight too. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty love this. Thank you for participating in the Memory Box Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.