Pages

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Shades of Summer

I was the very lucky winner of the Crafting Musketeers April challenge and as well as winning a fabulous prize from their sponsor JGD Crafts I was delighted to be asked to join them as a GDT for the June challenge. The theme of this challenge is Shades of Summer - which looking out of the window this morning I can only dream of.

I've used a decoupage image from my Joanna Sheen 'Faye Whittaker' cd which brings to mind my childhood summers. Living in the landlocked Midlands I remember the excitement of travelling to the seaside and the squeals of delight at the first glimpse of the sea and even if it rained it didn't dampen our spirits. I know that pennies were in short supply when I was little so the fact that my Mom and Dad made these holidays possible for me and my sisters only added to the magic. I still live in the Midlands and must admit I still get a big smile on my face when I see the sea but I no longer have a bucket and spade or a beach ball with me!

Anyway, back to my card - the papers are LOTV and Prima Doodle Deux and I used blue and white card for matting and added ribbon and card candi to finish.



So why not hop over to Crafting Musketeers for more details of the challenge and the chance to win a prize from this months sponsor The Hobby House.

I shall enter this card in the following challenges ~

As You Like It challenge 'favourite period and why'
Fussy and Fancy challenge 'fun in the sun'
Our Creative Corner challenge 'what makes you smile'
Noor Design UK challenge 'here comes summer'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes + option summery theme'

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Andrea, love the image and a perfect design
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Andrea, such a lovely summer scene,
    Pauline
    x
    I'm having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, what a cute little pair! They made me smile, so reminiscent of childhood holidays. Thank you for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner this month. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly sweet and congratulations on our DT spot. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win! You made a beautiful card! The image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely nostalgic image Andrea and well done on the win and DT spot, enjoy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea congrats on your spot and wonderful card made here, it's just gorgeous.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Andrea. What a delightful image--so adorable. Wonderful layout. Love your choice of papers to match the image.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous vintage image Andrea, I love the simplicity yet elegance you have created. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design UK for our Here Comes Summer challenge.
    Tracy
    Owner Noor Design UK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.