Pages

Thursday, 25 June 2015

Gingerbread Man

Morning all, just a quick post from me as I have to dash out shortly and I just realised the challenge that motivated me to play finishes today.

A while ago I bought a pack of shaped kraft boxes and of course they got put in the cupboard and were forgotten about.. so when I saw the 'christmas but not a card' challenge I remembered this gingerbread man and thought it was time he got dressed up a bit. I used my last tiny piece of red check ribbon for his scarf, card candi for his buttons, Liquid Pearls for the 'icing' and for a bit of fun I decided to give him 'googly' eyes. I know the 'icing' isn't very good but them I'm no good at icing cakes either!



and here's another


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Winter Wonderland challenge 'anything but a card'
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge 'merry and bright'
Rudolph Days challenge 'christmas card or project'
Crafty Ribbons challenge 'anything goes'
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'christmas'
Fab 'n' Funky challenge 'christmas'

Thanks for popping by today and I really hope to be a better blogger and catch up with you all soon.

16 comments:

  1. This little fellow is so darn cute. Wouldn't it look wonderful stuffed full of gingerbread men! Layers of parchment and tissue to protect them! Bet they would even survive mailing to Canada...ahahahaha

    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun shaped box Andrea, he made me smile.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet, and I agree with scrappymo, he would be perfect filled with gingerbread men!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. He´s cute! I couldn´t help but smile back at him. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute box and love the way you have decorated it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've dressed up your little Gingerbread man!
    He looks just perfect!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think he is even more lovable with his less-than-perfect icing, Andrea! He's so stinkin' cute and his wee bit of scarf is fabulous!! Happy Rudolph Day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this box! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good enough to eat, love this little creation..
    xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 234 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks just yummy! What a clever you to see the boxes earlier, and get prepared. It certainly made a terrific 'anything but a card' project, and so very Christmas & warm. Can almost get that delicious gingerbread scent from his cute little self. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. made me smile.....a lot! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant project that gingerbread man is ACE, thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely project, Thanks for charing your wonderful work with usa at Fab´n´Funky challanges. Hope to se you in ouer next challange to./Zora DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely gorgeous thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.