Pages

Saturday, 20 June 2015

Fathers Day

Good morning to you all and I hope the weather is a bit more cheerful in your neck of the woods. Before I get on to my card I should just explain my absence the past week or so - I simply couldn't motivate myself to do any blogging or crafting... But I've been forced into action as fathers day is upon us yet again and although my Dad say he's 'not bothered' I am and I count myself so lucky to be able to make him another card.

Dad has always been a gardener so I trawled through my Joanna Sheen cds and picked this image from the 'Pamela West collection 2' as he also makes wooden planters including wheelbarrows like this one. I used a hammered effect card base, some ribbon from my stash and embellished using my newly purchased dies. The ladybird and letters are Memory Box and the tag stamped with a Clearly Besotted sentiment is Poppystamps, as are the flowers which were finished with card candi centres.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

The Ribbon Girl challenge 'create a masculine project with an image'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (for the die cuts and last bit of ribbon)
Creative Inspiration challenge 'male creations'
Poppystamps challenge 'oh boy'
Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge 'anything goes'
Crafting For All Seasons challenge 'it's a boys thing'

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I hope all the dads out there have a very special day.

18 comments:

  1. We are sharing the same dismal weather Andrea, I really am fed up with it as I guess most people are. I just looked at the long range forecast for next Saturday as it's grandson Zachary's birthday and my own and we have about 40 family coming for a barbi and what does the weather say - 60% chance of rain and not very warm.

    I am sure you Dad will love this card, I know mine would have done as he was also a keen gardener.

    Hope you have a good weekend despite the weather.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous Father's Day card Andrea, sorry you've not been very motivated to craft or blog, hopefully making this brilliant card will get you going again.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has brightened up here on the west of Scotland, Andrea, such a nice change from the grim cold we've endured recently. Love your card for your gardener Dad. Pamela West's images are lovely, and that wheelbarrow is just perfect. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,love the image....a fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card for Fathers day Andrea! perfect for a gardener.. lovely image and die cuts..
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Father's Day card - I'm sure your day will love it. My dad also used to say he 'wasn't bothered' but I still used to make a fuss of him because I knew he loved it!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card for your Dad.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and yes each day with our dad is a blessing....mine is reaching 103 and I see him each day unless not well, and today I am not well so may not see him...hugs to you and your dad.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card for a gardener. I love to garden and treasure the cards I receive with a gardening theme. I sure your dad will feel like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Andrea, love the wheelbarrow full of blooms.
    Wish the weather would improve here too, have had to keep sneaking the heating back on - not good for the second half of June!
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great Andrea, love the image
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Andrea - and just perfect for your Dad too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card Andrea. I am sure your dad thought so as well. I love it. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card! I love the floral wheelbarrow! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card thanks for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the wheelbarrow over-flowing with flowers, it certainly is a perfect card for your dad! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card with lots of color Andrea! I am sure your dad who also loves gardening will love this! Thanks for playing along with Poppystamps .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful coloring Andrea! Really Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.